FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCPX users at recent LACPUG meeting

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew Kimery
FCPX users at recent LACPUG meeting
on Oct 24, 2013 at 9:06:06 am

I wasn't there but I've seen people on Twitter say 50%-70% of the room raised their hands when asked who is using FCPX. I have idea what they are using it on or to what degree they are using it but it is being used more (at least by people that go to LACPUG meetings).

-Andrew

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
Re: FCPX users at recent LACPUG meeting
on Oct 24, 2013 at 5:48:33 pm

When I did my gig there last January - I was amazed that out of a group of about 100, at least 15-20 raised their hands when I asked the same question. And then I went further and asked how many had changed to using it exclusively - and got nearly all the same group.

I honestly think that of the subset of people who have switched to it as their primary NLE, very few of us have much interest in going back to anything else.

I can certainly see how some who are "part timing" X - using it alongside other NLEs might get pulled into a different direction depending on their needs - but once someone dives deep enough into it - I suspect few backtrack because they find it can't meet their editing needs.

IF that is true, then it stands to reason that as time goes on, more and more of the X user base will grow. Not because it's fashionable - but simply because, once properly learned, it's users recognize it as as a pretty great editing tool.

Just an observation.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]