FORUMS: list search recent posts

Hardcore Mavericks users?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mitch Ives
Hardcore Mavericks users?
on Oct 23, 2013 at 2:31:11 am

So, based on the posts I'm reading, can one assume that the current FCP X works fine with Mavericks?

Mitch Ives
Insight Productions Corp.

"Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things." - Winston Churchill

Return to posts index

John Davidson
Re: Hardcore Mavericks users?
on Oct 23, 2013 at 2:33:27 am

I admit it. I installed it on about half out macs today. Nothing bad has happened.....yet....

John Davidson | President / Creative Director | Magic Feather Inc.

Return to posts index

Chris Harlan
on Oct 23, 2013 at 3:13:02 am

[John Davidson] "..yet...."

I hope you're knocking on wood.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Oct 23, 2013 at 3:32:05 am

Premiere is a bit wonky when it comes to workspaces, which I guess is understandable.

If you don't have the finder in view on both screens when you invoke Premiere or a 2 screen workspace, the second screen will appear on the main screen.

I've also had apps completely disappear from view on my second screen after getting Premiere to look right. For example, I launch Premiere with mail full on second screen. So Premiere seems to see that screen as unavailable and puts my bins on the main screen. I switch the second screen to finder and drag my bin over or invoke a 2 screen workspace. At this point, my full screen apps are gone. They're still running, but app switcher, dock, four finger swipe, nothing brings them back. It just stays on the finder.

Lanuching another app and making it fullscreen will bring everything back to normal.

Repeatable after reboot. Probably a bug that needs to be addressed by Apple.

Return to posts index

Chris Harlan
on Oct 23, 2013 at 3:38:37 am

I probably won't be trying it out for at least a few weeks. Mid-stream sort of thing.

Return to posts index

John Davidson
on Oct 23, 2013 at 4:24:41 am

I've actually been on the betas since June or July, so it's much better than that ever was :). This was the first time putting it on work systems. It's pretty solid. Oh man, if you've installed it, be sure to turn on enhanced dictation in system preferences. I will never type again!

Return to posts index

Darren Roark
on Oct 23, 2013 at 3:30:43 am

[John Davidson] "I admit it. I installed it on about half out macs today. Nothing bad has happened.....yet...."

I've been on it for two months using FCP X and the only side effects so far are the fullscreen dual display mode being hard to navigate and X running much much faster.

I don't use fullscreen at the moment as I'm still trying to learn it. I did make a dmg of my boot drive and backed up all my projects and events first. You really never know.

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Oct 23, 2013 at 3:33:48 am

[John Davidson] " Nothing bad has happened.....yet...."

I'm hoping Magic Feather hasn't suffered a catastrophic Mavericks meltdown.

I did see a bright glow in the sky over the Santa Clarita Valley just a short time ago, but then I remembered that you may have moved back closer to town...

David Roth Weiss
ProMax Systems
Burbank
DRW@ProMax.com

Sales | Integration | Support

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

John Davidson
on Oct 23, 2013 at 4:22:51 am

Ah yes. That's an easy mistake to make. That's just the trash of LA burning in the night. It's a beautiful shade of green, isn't it?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]