FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut Pro X - We need it better

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paulo Barcellos
Final Cut Pro X - We need it better
on Jun 25, 2011 at 4:31:14 pm

I've created a serious user petition for Final Cut Pro X demanding the addition of 10 features necessary for it to be used in TV Stations, Feature Film Editing, Production and Post Production Houses. I've also demanded a free download of Final Cut Pro 7 for all users of Final Cut Pro X while these features are not in place.

Please help us take the message to Apple!

http://www.PetitionOnline.com/fcbetter/petition.html

Thank You

Best,

Paulo Barcellos

Return to posts index

Paul Figgiani
Re: Final Cut Pro X - We need it better
on Jun 25, 2011 at 6:31:54 pm

I respectfully don't understand these "Petitions." First of all - I'll bet you a beer that within 6 months to a year all but maybe one of these features are added to the app. The one exception may very well be backwards compatibility of legacy projects. 7 uses old 32 bit Carbon technology with antiquated Frameworks. I'm not saying that it's impossible to do. I' am saying it's a long shot.

Why not learn the new app., continue you use 7, and give them a chance to kick this thing up? Nobody is forcing you to update.

-paul.

Return to posts index

Jamie Franklin
on Jun 25, 2011 at 6:41:16 pm

[Paul Figgiani] "Nobody is forcing you to update."

I'm curious. Has this ever been the point? It's just such an easy patronizing statement that has been parroted in almost every counter argument in every single thread. I wish it would stop.

No, they don't have to update, but they don't have to sit silent on many of their concerns...

This place should step up the class....especially at the worst of times. In my opinion....

Anyways, cheers

Return to posts index

Paulo Barcellos
on Jun 25, 2011 at 11:14:45 pm

The problem in my case is that we usually have to setup additional editing bays during the year, since business has been growing, it's impossible to install a legal version of Final Cut Pro 7 on a new machine since Apple stopped selling it. The new version is awesome, but without these 10 features, it's impossible to be used in a professional environment. Regarding the legacy format compatibility, there is nothing to do with the application being 64-bit, since .fcp is a XML derivative, it's not that hard for Apple to create an import tool in order to migrate old projects.

They have created a real problem for users and companies who live on the software, and the least they could do is supper us on the transition, that's all.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]