FORUMS: list search recent posts

What is the best settings for compressor 4 for my HV-30 camera

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alexandra Hidalgo
What is the best settings for compressor 4 for my HV-30 camera
on Sep 21, 2013 at 1:41:38 am

I am using FCPX and Compressor 4 for the first time (I am used to FPC6 instead). The footage was shot in 1440x1080 HD with my Canon HV-30 camera. I have two purposes: for the first, I am hoping to get the best possible look and sound. I don't care about size or how long it takes to compress. What settings should I use in Compressor? ProRes? And if so, what kind of ProRes? Or should I use some other format?

For the second version, I would like to create a version that I can post on YouTube but that looks as good as possible. Should that be a different kind of setting in compressor?

Thank you so very much!

Alex

Return to posts index

Russ Haskell
Re: What is the best settings for compressor 4 for my HV-30 camera
on Sep 21, 2013 at 9:29:32 pm

Exporting from as HDV should be fine.

In Compressor, nothing wrong with using either the 1080P or 720P Video Sharing presets. Compressor will change the shape of the pixels to square, de-interlace the movie, and transcode to H.264. If you don't enable streaming, you'll probably get a mild complaint from the YT Uploader.

Russ

Return to posts index

Alexandra Hidalgo
on Sep 21, 2013 at 10:40:50 pm

Thanks, Russ. Do you mean using the setting under "Apple Devices" called 1080p for Apple Devices? In the old compressor, I used to turn frame control on and to do "Resize Filter: Best." Is that something you still recommend with the new compressor?

I didn't see anything about enabling streamer. Where would I do that? And will that change the quality of the final product? By which I mean, should I make two different versions? One for Facebook and one for consumption on my computer and on DVD?

Thanks so much!

Alex

Return to posts index

Russ Haskell
on Sep 22, 2013 at 12:31:57 am

The YT preset creates a .mov. Apple Device creates am mp4. Either will work, although in Compressor you have greater adjustment ranges with mov than m4.

In my view, setting the Resize Filter to best is a good idea for down-scaling fro HD to SD (example, creating DVDs).

The new Compressor is not much changed from the old, so whatever were your best practices before. I'd stay with now.

Streaming is in the Encoding tab; select Fast Start. It won't affect quality.

I don't know about Facebook video.

Russ

Return to posts index

Alexandra Hidalgo
on Sep 22, 2013 at 2:04:08 am

I meant YouTube, not Facebook. Sorry. I tried what you recommended with the old settings I mentioned above and it looks fantastic, so thank you very much! It's fabulous!

Thank you, thank you!

Alex

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]