FORUMS: list search recent posts

A comment that may or may not be relevant.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeremy Garchow
A comment that may or may not be relevant.
on Jun 25, 2011 at 1:37:22 pm

I wish there was a sociologist who was interested, really interested, in particular software user base communities. This would be a fascinating study of a subculture.

Return to posts index

Bob Woodhead
Re: A comment that may or may not be relevant.
on Jun 25, 2011 at 5:07:38 pm

I agree, and think it cuts harder emotionally than say, car fanatics or music gurus, because here we have a software company mucking about with the tool that we earn our livelihood with, not just a hobby or passion, though with almost all of us, it's those things as well!

Return to posts index

Scott Sheriff
Re: A comment that may or may not be relevant.
on Jun 25, 2011 at 9:01:47 pm

[Bob Woodhead] "I agree, and think it cuts harder emotionally than say, car fanatics or music gurus, because here we have a software company mucking about with the tool that we earn our livelihood with, not just a hobby or passion, though with almost all of us, it's those things as well!"

Cars, music gear, guns, boats, etc. People get attached to this stuff and feel passionate, even if they don't make a living with it. But this seems to have reached a new level.
There was a similar amount of outrage directed at Honda when they announced they were stopping production of the Element after '11. Although it didn't rise to the level of being punked on Conan. There were a lot of angry posts on their FB and web site, and car forums. And it was written about in major publications. I think part of why this died down for Honda is everyone had over a years notice and could plan accordingly, and parts support is locked in until 2021.

Scott Sheriff
Director
http://www.sstdigitalmedia.com

I have a system, it has stuff in it, and stuff hooked to it. I have a camera, it can record stuff. I read the manuals, and know how to use this stuff and lots of other stuff too.
You should be suitably impressed...

"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." ---Red Adair

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]