FORUMS: list search recent posts

Minimum editing platform for FCPX

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Fabrizio D'Agnano
Minimum editing platform for FCPX
on Sep 9, 2013 at 9:15:03 pm

Hello. I am considering replacing/adding a new basic editing machine to my set. What do you think would be the minimum specs, for either a MBPR or an iMac running FCPX, for a smooth documentary style plain editing (not much color correction, not much compositing, a limited amount of effects)? Most, if not all media would be 1080i or 1080p coming from AVCHD Canon camcorders. The machine should be able of running a two display set (it's own plus a second one for the iMac, two 25" for the MBPR), with HDMI RT output and one raid set connected to the TB port. What would be the minimum processor and the minimum amount of RAM and graphic cards to get the work done? Usually rendering and exporting times are not a terrible concern for me, while stability is. I have found many posts stating that the more power the better, and I might eventually decide to go for a not so basic machine, but I'd like to know what would be the starting point. I think I'd rather go for a MBPR (I am using my current 2011 MBP for on site media checking and rough cuts and it works fine) but I don't know if a laptop can handle more intensive use.
Thank you.

Fabrizio D'Agnano
Rome, Italy
early 2008 MacPro, BM Intensity Pro, early 2008 iMac, 2011 MacBook Pro, FCP7, FCPX, OSX 10.8.3

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]