FORUMS: list search recent posts

Why isn't FCPX syncing my multiclips!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aaron Weisblatt
Why isn't FCPX syncing my multiclips!
on Sep 4, 2013 at 5:56:00 pm

When I attempt to make a multiclip, with the "use audio for sycronization" engaged, it is creating a multiclip with one clip lining up to the next in a linear timeline....I have not had this issue before - what is happening?
thanks
Aaron

Return to posts index

James Cude
Re: Why isn't FCPX syncing my multiclips!
on Sep 4, 2013 at 6:14:24 pm

Is everything else set to automatic? Perhaps you are also syncing by timecode. Send a screenshot.

Return to posts index

Aaron Weisblatt
on Sep 4, 2013 at 6:17:13 pm

yes everything is set to automatic. I even increased the gain on the one clip that was from the internal microphone of the camera that was lower in volume than the other. but both clips are very well recorded
so....I don't think that should be an issue in the syncronization...ugh

Return to posts index

Aaron Weisblatt
on Sep 4, 2013 at 6:44:45 pm

ugh....still didnt work....

Return to posts index

Ronny Courtens
on Sep 4, 2013 at 7:02:25 pm

If this does not work you can use this workaround:

R-click the multicam clip and select "Open in Angle Editor". This will open the multicam clip in its own timeline. You will see both your clips one after the other on the same angle.

Click the down-facing arrow on the angle and choose Add Angle from the menu. A new angle will be added under the existing one. Then drag the other clip in the angle down to the new angle, and from the dropdown menu choose "synchronize to monitoring angle".

This will synchronize both clips in both angles.

Send feedback to Apple about this.

- Ronny

- Ronny

Return to posts index

Ronny Courtens
on Sep 4, 2013 at 7:04:25 pm

R-click the multicam clip and select "Open in Angle Editor". This will open the multicam clip in its own timeline. You will see both your clips one after the other on the same angle.

Click the down-facing arrow on the angle and choose Add Angle from the menu. A new angle will be added under the existing one. Then drag the other clip in the angle down to the new angle, and from the dropdown menu choose "synchronize to monitoring angle".

This will synchronize both clips in both angles.

Send feedback to Apple about this.

- Ronny

Return to posts index

Ronny Courtens
on Sep 4, 2013 at 7:11:41 pm

EDIT: In the Inspector > Info > Extended view you must go to Camera Angle and assign a unique Camera Angle (e.g. Angle 1, Angle 2...) for each clip. Then the clips should synch up in their respective angles. Sorry for the wrong information in my first reply.

- Ronny

Return to posts index

Aaron Weisblatt
on Sep 4, 2013 at 7:18:57 pm

yea! it worked!
Thanks you so much!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]