FORUMS: list search recent posts

Ripple cut across al clips and story lines.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Flavio G. García
Ripple cut across al clips and story lines.
on Jun 25, 2011 at 11:43:30 am

I can´t figure out how to do this:

In the Timeline, I mark in and out, over a clip in the primary storyline.

I want to ripple cut (delete).

But I don´t know how to make the cut affect all clips and storylines, vertically.

If a select the clips below, the whole clips are selected, not between the in and out points.

I´m talking about the old ripple cut in all tracks.

Any ideas?.

So far, the new Timeline seems to me absolutly convoluted and unintuitive. It´s supposed to make things easier, but it doesn´t.

Now, try to add an audio crossfade between two clips in the primary storyline.

Return to posts index

Stefan Buhrmester
Re: Ripple cut across al clips and story lines.
on Jun 25, 2011 at 6:02:54 pm

Hmmm, for the audio crossfade, I hope this solution can help you: http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/344/420

I don't know how to do a ripple delete across ALL footage. But I guess you can collapse the footage into a compound clip and perform the ripple delete on it. Give it a shot :D

Return to posts index

Flavio G. García
on Jun 25, 2011 at 11:10:17 pm

Thanks, Stefan.

I knew about that workaround, but it´s crazy.

I ripple cut across all footage a lot, so compound clips are not really a solution, and then I have to continue adjusting stuff, like trimming, let´s say, the first clip, but the compound clip is not editable, unless you doble click it and get "inside", but then "inside" the first ripple cut you made is no there...

Crazy.

I know how to add an audio crossfade, what I´m saying is that is so convoluted and inefficient. What if I need to add audio crossfades to number of audioclips?. I have to do that, one by one?.

But: How come I can add a fade to video and audio between two clips, but not just to the audioclips?.

What nonsense is that?

The new interface is supposed to make things easier, but every single task requires more steps than before.

Return to posts index

Stefan Buhrmester
on Jun 26, 2011 at 12:52:10 am

I have no idea how can vertically ripple delete :( Luckily I've never needed that.

Creating multiple crossfades at once? No idea too :(

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]