FORUMS: list search recent posts

OT Adobe support

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Connor
OT Adobe support
on Aug 27, 2013 at 8:04:51 pm

Is it just me or is there less participation from Adobe staff on here and the PPro COW since the CC subscription decision and the resulting furore?

Steve Connor

There's nothing we can't argue about on the FCPX COW Forum

Return to posts index

Kevin Monahan
Re: OT Adobe support
on Aug 27, 2013 at 8:32:52 pm

Hi Steve,
I haven't perceived a change in my participation level at Creative Cow since the CC announce. That said, participation in these forums is voluntary. If you see less participation, it might mean that Adobe folks are busy doing other things.

If you are ever looking for Adobe support, check out this page: http://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Cheers,
Kevin

Kevin Monahan
Social Support Lead
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe Systems, Inc.
Follow Me on Twitter!

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
on Aug 27, 2013 at 9:24:44 pm

[Kevin Monahan] "it might mean that Adobe folks are busy doing other things.
"

Fair enough, I would imagine the release of CC has kept support busy.

Steve Connor

There's nothing we can't argue about on the FCPX COW Forum

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Aug 27, 2013 at 9:30:31 pm

There's also been a lot less discussions in here requiring Adobe support type participation.

Michael

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Aug 27, 2013 at 9:53:17 pm

Kevin, I suspect you are like me...a forum junkie. You've been on these and other forums LONG BEFORE you joined Adobe. And you just can't stop. You just happen to be in a unique position now that you work at Adobe.

I've actually noticed that the Adobe presence is greater than before. Or is it that I am now finally paying attention to those forums more?

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Mark Dobson
on Aug 28, 2013 at 8:29:09 am

Since the Adobe Creative Cloud: The Debate Forum was set up there is far less Adobe discussion on the Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate forum.

The Creative Cloud subscription model seems to have set Adobe aside of the normal pros and cons debate as it is now seems ring-fenced into it's own world.

They've stepped out of the boxing ring.

Be interesting to see where things are in a couple of years time, whether Adobe maintains its subscription model, and whether FCPX reaches the same position in the industry as previously occupied by FCP7.

Return to posts index

Kevin Monahan
on Aug 29, 2013 at 12:12:14 am

[Shane Ross] "I've actually noticed that the Adobe presence is greater than before. Or is it that I am now finally paying attention to those forums more?"

Shane,
That actually might be the case. I have noticed members of the product team, in addition to support, volunteering to contribute more. This makes my job a whole lot easier.

Yep, I'm a forum junkie. It's pretty cool that Adobe employs me to be here!

Kevin

Kevin Monahan
Social Support Lead
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe Systems, Inc.
Follow Me on Twitter!

Return to posts index

Andrew Kimery
on Aug 29, 2013 at 2:31:53 am

I haven't been paying pointed attention but I'd say more Adobe people stepped up when the CC questions/comments/complaints were coming fast and furious and now that the volume of CC discussion has decreased I feel like the face time by Adobe people has decreased proportionately.

I certainly don't feel like the Adobe employees that voluntarily frequent forums have gone into duck and cover mode since the CC launch. Quite the opposite I'd say even though I wouldn't blame them for clamming up considering some of the juvenile (and sometimes personal) attacks some COW members toss around.

Return to posts index

Chris Harlan
on Aug 29, 2013 at 6:22:30 pm

[Andrew Kimery] "I certainly don't feel like the Adobe employees that voluntarily frequent forums have gone into duck and cover mode since the CC launch. Quite the opposite I'd say even though I wouldn't blame them for clamming up considering some of the juvenile (and sometimes personal) attacks some COW members toss around.
"

Agreed. I think they've been exemplary.

Return to posts index

Kevin Monahan
on Aug 29, 2013 at 10:54:34 pm

[Chris Harlan] "Agreed. I think they've been exemplary."

Thanks, Chris.

Kevin Monahan
Social Support Lead
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro