FORUMS: list search recent posts

An Open Letter Apology - FCP X Fourm

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg Burke
An Open Letter Apology - FCP X Fourm
on Jun 25, 2011 at 3:04:20 am

Greetings All, I would like to take this time and write a letter of Apology to all Cow Members in this forum. I was recently contact by a colleague and told me my attitude in the forums was unacceptable and making me look unprofessional and I most likely burned a bridge because of it. I’m very sorry that I came off like a ranting inexperienced child. I ensure you that I was just venting, perhaps in the wrong way and place. This forum is a place for professionals and I was not acting professional by any means. You can blame it on my Age (I’m 26) or my inexperience in the Broadcast post production world. Basically I wanted to get this point across…

Since I’m not a student editor in school and by no means Am I a professional Film/Broadcast editor. I feel concerned that final cut Pro X will take away business from me, I’ve made it by the skin of my teeth by cutting Birthdays, Family Vacations, and College Video Resumes, and I’m not afraid to admit that I think Final Cut Pro X is going to Kill off my client base. I have no Close friends, classmates or relatives that work in the post industry so getting good gigs and getting myself on the radar is tricky and until last month I thought impossible. The last 3 years of my life have been very difficult, I’ve had to Dig holes, Pack boxes, ask if “you want fries with that?”. And I never want to do that again, it changed me as a person for the worst. That said

I Apologies for acting unprofessionally. And I hope with time I can build up a good reputation in the cow. Thank You.

-Greg

I wear many hats.
http://www.gregburkepost.com

Return to posts index

Ron Pestes
Re: An Open Letter Apology - FCP X Fourm
on Jun 25, 2011 at 4:17:09 am

No problem Greg. There have been much worse postings than yours and I think we all are upset with Apple. I myself, as an Apple Certified Pro in FCS 2 am now looking at Premiere Pro for future projects when I can afford it. This has now been a good week for any of us.

Apple Certified Master Pro FCS 2
Sony EX-3
MacBook Pro

Return to posts index

Stefan Buhrmester
on Jun 25, 2011 at 4:41:17 am

This is the FCPX forum. There is nothing professional about it.

;-)

*keep on trollin*

Return to posts index

Clayton Burkhart
on Jun 25, 2011 at 8:58:08 am

[Stefan Buhrmester] " This is the FCPX forum. There is nothing professional about it.

;-)"

LoL

Return to posts index

Tim Wilson
Reminder: new FCPX Techniques forum, Re: An Open Letter Apology - FCP X Fourm
on Jun 25, 2011 at 2:29:21 pm

On one hand, no worries. We created this forum as a place to blow off steam. It's a truly important part of the process. For some people, it's a grieving process, stages of which include anger and denial. For others it's a simple matter of making some mental adjustments. In any case, we needed a place to quarantine "noise."

Of course, we're primarily committed to signal. By the end of the first day, it was clear that some folks are ready to get something done with the software, or least try to, so we created the FCPX Techniques forum. It's already nice and signal-y.

In the meantime, it never hurts to remember that Google sees all and knows all. The traffic in the COW is high enough that Google typically sucks up posts here within a very few minutes.

Here's the thing, though. Don't sweat clients and peers. They'll google you once every year or two. Your mom is the one who googles you every day. If you don't want your mom to know what you said, don't say it.

Return to posts index

Stefan Buhrmester
Re: Reminder: new FCPX Techniques forum, Re: An Open Letter Apology - FCP X Fourm
on Jun 25, 2011 at 6:52:06 pm

You're right :)

Hi Mom! Hi Google! Hi potential future client or employee :)

Return to posts index

Keith Pratt
on Jun 25, 2011 at 6:11:23 pm

This isn't a dig, and I'm not completely disregarding your concern, but 2011 is not the time to be basing your career on having access to technologies others don't have.

Return to posts index

Alex Hawkins
on Jun 26, 2011 at 1:12:21 pm

Hey Greg,

Nicely said. A little humility goes a very long way.

Alex Hawkins
Canberra, Australia

Return to posts index

daniel leeb
on Jun 26, 2011 at 6:30:46 pm

I think quite frankly the only open letter apology needs to come from Steve Jobs.

This makes the Newton or Mobile Me failures look like raving successes.

Apple screwed up here, and i think we all are in the right to blow off steam.

grieving....hmm... i don't think so, Apple cannot dig in their heels on this one, we are not the consumer market who need to be told how to live our digital lifestyle, we are the creative professionals that invested in Apple to give them the market share they now dominate. Steve Jobs needs to pivot and apologize for FCP X which is nothing more than imovie on steroids. He and his team cannot dictate a watered down creative process after we have all developed a process that works and does not need overhaul.

-64 bit processing-great

-revolutionary organizational methodology-great (as long as we can still import old projects and use our bins)

-no external monitor support...retarded, (clearly imovie programmers and development team were taking the lead on this)

Also editors don't need a pretty interface, we need a no BS efficient one that facilitates our creative process, to make a new one and dictate how we do our job is simply not respecting the work we do.

basically Apple is going to need to rewrite a new GUI that emmulates what already works for all of us in FCP7, if steve wants he can call it the "old way GUI" i don't give a damn.

This needs to happen, and we all deserve an apology from apple, we are not consumers, we are the creative professionals that apple "had" built its business on and we deserve to be treated as such.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]