FORUMS: list search recent posts

Don't fear the Interface

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan Marlow
Don't fear the Interface
on Apr 18, 2011 at 11:19:14 am

Whilst I am very concerned about FCP X, I am not worried one bit about the simplified interface. I would urge anyone who is, to look at Apple Logic 7 then 8. Logic 8 on the surface looks paired down, but when you start using it, all the functionality is there. I think this is probably the case with FCP X.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Don't fear the Interface
on Apr 18, 2011 at 2:59:45 pm

I'm not sure about the actual color scheme of the GUI, seems a little over-saturated for the eyes to look at over long hours but hopefully it is also user-modifiable. I would tend to reduce the intensity and make the colors more pastel, I think, and the hard black to a charcoal. The green on the audio waveforms reminds me of a waveform scope's green trace lines, but that may not be the best choice for clarity. It looks sexy, I admit. But if I will spend long hours with an interface, I like to be able to adjust the viewing experience for my own taste and save it as a preset. One of the things I dislike abotu the current FCP interface is you can't upsize parts of the GUI very much. I got huge monitors, but the timeline buttons have to stay tiny? That's so 20th century:-)

Return to posts index

Andriy Toloshnyy
on Apr 18, 2011 at 3:42:18 pm

I'm totally agree, it was the very first thought when I first time saw it - looks good but damn oversaturated for the daily work...

Return to posts index

Ron Thompson
on Apr 18, 2011 at 9:47:45 pm

Great way to look at this!! As a Logic user, I would have to agree with you, with fingers crossed!

Return to posts index

Justin McAleece
on Apr 19, 2011 at 3:34:05 am

Apple has been successful many times in the past at simplifying things and making them more capable at the same time. I'm going to trust that they did this until I get it in my hands and see otherwise.

Justin McAleece
Production Manager

Video Production

Return to posts index

Erik Lindahl
on Apr 23, 2011 at 2:55:56 pm

The move from the somewhat brainless "metallic blue" to a dark grey is very welcomed. But the sharp contrast in colors as stated might be an area or irritation. Time will tell. Hope we retain some user-control here. I hope the GUI in general is very customizable as it's always been in FCP.

------------------------
Erik Lindahl
Freecloud Post Production Services
http://www.freecloud.se

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]