FORUMS: list search recent posts

Through edit markers on compound clips

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ronny Courtens
Through edit markers on compound clips
on Aug 10, 2013 at 10:33:53 am

A little change under the hood in 10.0.9 seems to indicate that Apple is working on restoring complete through edit functionality.

Try this:
Create a new CC
Blade the CC in two different places so you get three clips. The cuts will appear as dotted lines now, indicating a through edit. This wasn't the case in 10.0.8 if memory serves me well.
Move the middle clip behind the last clip: the cuts become straight lines (no through edit).
Move the clip to the middle again: the cuts become dotted lines again.

We already had this working with multicam clips, now it also works with CCs. Just like with multiclips you can roll the through edit just by clicking and dragging on the line. The only thing missing is that you cannot select the dotted line and delete it to join the through edits (which you can do with multi clips). Guess this will be for the next update, hopefully with full through edit functionality on any kind of clips.

- Ronny

Return to posts index

David Eaks
Re: Through edit markers on compound clips
on Aug 10, 2013 at 12:21:33 pm

Thanks for this glimmer of light shining through the edit tunnel, sure hope it is indeed on the way.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Aug 10, 2013 at 3:35:12 pm

That's great to hear but as I get older I long for something much more visible like red lines like FCP legacy.

Return to posts index

Aindreas Gallagher
on Aug 12, 2013 at 7:19:11 pm

PPro CC baby. If the timeline gets anymore like FCP7 its going to get weird. the through edit indicators are actually identical.

http://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos http://www.ogallchoir.net promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics

Return to posts index

Douglas K. Dempsey
on Aug 10, 2013 at 6:55:21 pm

Ronny:

I'm working with 10.0.8 and it seems to do the same thing, if this is what you are describing:

I bring a CC into the Timeline. I blade it and I DO NOT see rounded corners, but simply a faint vertical dotted line at the cut point. If I make two cuts, and drag the clip elsewhere, ALL corners appear to show the separate clips. If I return the untrimmed original clip to its original spot, corners disappear and the dotted lines return.

Still no "healing" procedure as far as I know, other than laborious trimming out to end, from one cut or the other.

Doug D

Doug D

Return to posts index

Andy Neil
on Aug 10, 2013 at 7:03:01 pm

[Ronny Courtens] "The cuts will appear as dotted lines now, indicating a through edit. This wasn't the case in 10.0.8 if memory serves me well."

This functionality exists in 10.0.8 as well. I haven't upgraded mine yet and it does this as well.

Andy

http://www.timesavertutorials.com

Return to posts index

Ronny Courtens
on Aug 10, 2013 at 8:51:03 pm

Thank you for correcting me. I really thought this was something new with 10.0.9. I have bladed CCs in 10.0.8 as well but I could swear I haven't noticed the dotted lines then. Must be getting old (-:

- Ronny

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Aug 12, 2013 at 7:34:54 pm

[Ronny Courtens] "I haven't noticed the dotted lines then. Must be getting old (-:"

Which is why I long for those red lines found in FCP legacy. It's much easier to see with these older eyes.

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Aug 13, 2013 at 8:17:17 pm

[Craig Seeman] "
Which is why I long for those red lines found in FCP legacy. It's much easier to see with these older eyes."

Oh jeez. I can see the new forum forming in my fevered brain.... FCP-X - plot by optometrists .... or not?

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Aug 13, 2013 at 9:02:53 pm

[Bill Davis] "FCP-X - plot by optometrists .... or not?"

Yea, I don't think anyone over 40 can use Retina at higher resolutions.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]