FORUMS: list search recent posts

Workflow to Color

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sascha Engel
Workflow to Color
on Jul 25, 2013 at 5:54:11 pm

Does somebody know if there is a solid workflow from FCPX to Color and back or it's unsave to do?

Thanx.

Sascha Engel
TIME BANDITZ Productions
http://www.youtube.com/taikang

Return to posts index

Ronny Courtens
Re: Workflow to Color
on Jul 25, 2013 at 6:08:08 pm

This requires a workaround. You can use Xto7 to get the FCPXML into FCP7 and in FCP7 send to Color.

But if Color is not absolutely necessary for you: get Davinci Resolve. It's free, it's good and you can open FCPXML straight in Resolve. No workarounds.

Return to posts index

Sascha Engel
on Jul 25, 2013 at 6:53:06 pm

I love resolve and I learn it right now. In FCPX I will safe enough to go pro, but in resolve not yet, and I don't wanna risk the project's deadline because of me working to slow.
I definitely wanna switch to resolve, I'm just not there yet.

Sascha Engel
TIME BANDITZ Productions
http://www.youtube.com/taikang

Return to posts index

Gary Huff
on Jul 25, 2013 at 7:23:51 pm

[Ronny Courtens] "
But if Color is not absolutely necessary for you: get Davinci Resolve. It's free, it's good and you can open FCPXML straight in Resolve. No workarounds."

Absolutely. Color is EOL'd and really old. DaVinci is far more current compatible. Best to move on to that, especially since Lite is very powerful and free.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jul 25, 2013 at 8:21:11 pm

There is no round trip. You'll have to get the app that sends sequences to FCP 7...use that to go to Color, then back to FCP 7 (typical SLICK workflow)...and then another app to go from FCP 7 to FCX.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Nicholas Zimmerman
on Jul 25, 2013 at 10:35:03 pm

I would recommend checking out Ripple Training. Their Resolve training is top notch, and made by the guy who literally wrote the manual. Weekends coming up, so you might be able to knock it out.

--------------------------
Avid MC, PPro CS6, FCP7 - wasting away on my SSD.
I just can't quit X.
--------------------------

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]