FORUMS: list search recent posts

Assigning roles to master clips doesn't affect timeline clips

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Sanders
Assigning roles to master clips doesn't affect timeline clips
on Jul 16, 2013 at 7:13:39 am

I have a feature project that I have been working on in final cut, and then decided I needed to move it into fcpx. I used 7tox since there was no other solution. Almost everything came over great. i started going through the clips in the browser and assigning roles, audio pans, etc. but I noticed that my whole time line is missing all data I changed in the browser window. Is there a way to "sync" or update timeline clips according to the "master clips" settings? Any help would be much appreciated !

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
Re: Assigning roles to master clips doesn't affect timeline clips
on Jul 16, 2013 at 11:56:00 am

No. You have to change that metadata before clips are added to the timeline. Clips in a sequence are basically copies of that portion of the master clip. The exception seems to be management made to a clip at the point it enters FCP X in the way FCP X interprets the file. An example would be RED raw color metadata settings.

Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jul 16, 2013 at 11:57:18 am

No.

Clips in the timeline are different "instances"

If you change a clip in the browser, you have to re-edit in to the timeline. Any clip you put in to timelines in the future will have the changes.

Return to posts index

Jason Sanders
on Jul 16, 2013 at 5:32:31 pm

Crud! Does anyone have an idea or suggestion to help me through this problem...Its a full feature, completely edited already on the timeline. Like i said it came from FCP7 via 7toX app. is my only option going through the timeline to each individual clip and changing each clip manually to its role for stems, etc?

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
on Jul 16, 2013 at 5:48:05 pm

No, it's relatively easy, you need to Apple-select or multi-select all the clipsin the timeline you want to have a particular role then with them selected change the role in the inspector and it will change them all

Steve Connor

There's nothing we can't argue about on the FCPX COW Forum

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]