FORUMS: list search recent posts

Remember Film Flash?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Fred Nelson
Remember Film Flash?
on Jul 4, 2013 at 12:42:12 pm

Hi all,

Longtime Avid/FCP user who just started working extensively on FCPX and Premiere this year. I am bemoaning the loss of my favorite FCP transition called Film Flash.

It's not your typical white flash or dip to color. It was a drag-and-drop transition that not only dipped to white, but it also ramped the film speed up as it headed into the transition ... and then back down to normal speed on the other side. You know, that old "I stopped filming and then started again" effect you see in old films/blooper reels, etc. As I recall, not only the duration was customizable, but also the duration of the speed ramp effect.

Of course, I can duplicate this effect using a combination of tricks - two speed ramps with a dip to color layered on top of them ...

But does anyone know of a quicker transition? Primarily for FCPX ... and if anyone happens to know a similar Premiere transition - bonus. My clients love this one.

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Leo Hans
Re: Remember Film Flash?
on Jul 4, 2013 at 11:15:59 pm

You can create a transition in Motion and then it will be available in FCPX.
That's part of the magic of having Motion engine inside FPCX.

Leo Hans
Editor AVID - Final Cut Pro
http://www.leohans.com

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Remember Film Flash?
on Jul 4, 2013 at 11:47:55 pm

Like cubes and shatter transitions before, I think it might be time to let go of the old film camera ramp flash, along with dirt, weave, scratches and edge fogging.

Film is dead. Long live film deficiency simulation. :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]