FORUMS: list search recent posts

What will you get for $299

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
russ andris
What will you get for $299
on Apr 17, 2011 at 3:53:50 pm

With Final Cut Pro X, what programs will be get? Will we get Live Type? will we get Shake? Will we get Color, Will be get Compressor? Will we get DVD Studio? Will we get Motion or Soundtrack Pro?

I really wonder what we will get for $299.00.

Don't just jump blindly onto this new software.

Apple and Steve Jobs need to let the Video editors get their hands on this software and give it a full test edited. He has promised things in the past, that folks are still waiting for. He says it will be in the next up-grade. This is the next up-grade. If you don't ask Apple and Steve to deliver on their word, enjoy iMovie HD Pro. ( Final Cut Pro X )

Return to posts index

Morten Ranmar
Re: What will you get for $299
on Apr 17, 2011 at 7:28:14 pm

Apple has only previewed an early edition of Final Cut Pro X, and made clear that THIS PROGRAM - not a suite of programs, will cost $299. No mention of other suite programs to come, or their prices.

Any way, what do you expect that the price tag of $299 would include? A new edition of Shake? Blue-ray Studio Pro? A reprogrammed 64 color Motion on steroids?

Final Cut Pro X is going to give you a program that not only redesigns how we edit, but also includes technology from Soundtrack Pro, Color and Motion for audio sweetening, grading and animating. There will probably be export options for all the flavors of Quicktime/MPEG that we need as well. Most of us won't need another suite program to get the job done.

It remains unclear what will happen to Soundtrack Pro, Color and Motion. Personally I do not believe Apple will keep putting resources into specialized programs that only benefit a small bunch of users. There are lots of other developers who do this much better: Autodesk, Blackmagic, The Foundry...

Surely Apple has shown that it leverages the professional audio industry, so if Soundtrack Pro is killed of, there will probably be another audio program that will work in conjunction with FCP X. We also know that some of the original programmers from Motion are still employed with Apple - so maybe there will be a Motion 5.0 with even more 3D compositing features? I wouldn't count on a new edition of DVD Studio Pro, as Apple believes the DVD medium to be dead - and I wouldn't hold my breath for a super specialized program as Color either.

- No Parking Production -

2 x Finalcut Studio3, 2 x MacPro, 2 x ioHD, Server w. X-Raid

Return to posts index

Zane Barker
on Apr 18, 2011 at 6:29:09 am

[russ andris] "Will we get Live Type?"

Live Type died with FCP6 and never came with FCP 7 so why would it come with FCP X.

[russ andris] "will we get Shake?"

Apple announced that it discontinued Shake back in 2009. The last major update to shake was in 2006 with a minor update in 2008.

Why would you think that Apple would resurrect dead programs with FCP X?

**Hindsight is always 1080p**

Return to posts index

Paul Jay
on Apr 18, 2011 at 7:12:53 am

More questions, still no answers.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Apr 18, 2011 at 3:03:27 pm

Livetype was folded into Motion back in Version 3. I still ahve it both ways: as a separate app and inside of Motion. Though if you like Livetype I suppsoe you can keep ruinning the separate version.

I really like Motion, I find it easier to understand and work in than having to learn AE, and it is almost as powerful in some aspects. Maybe simpler to use in others. I think both apps have a place.

Speculating is fun but pointless, I will just wait until the NDA's come off and they actually can tell us things.

Return to posts index

Richard Herd
on Apr 18, 2011 at 8:57:56 pm

Is there a technical software coding reason why we have to round trip between FCP, STP, DVDSP, Color, Motion...why not have one all inclusive app, logging to finishing, no XML?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]