FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP 7 Upgrade

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Roger Clark
FCP 7 Upgrade
on Apr 17, 2011 at 2:22:10 pm

Will I have to upgrade to FCP 7 ( from FCP 6.0.6 ) before I can upgrade to FCP X ?

Return to posts index

Chris Kenny
Re: FCP 7 Upgrade
on Apr 17, 2011 at 2:55:00 pm

Apple appears to be doing with FCP X what they did with Aperture when they put that in the App Store: reducing the new purchase price to the old upgrade price, and eliminating upgrade pricing entirely.

So, no, you won't need to buy or install FCP 7. FCP X will just be $299 in the App Store, regardless of what version you're coming from or whether you previously bought Final Cut at all.

--
Digital Workflow/Colorist, Nice Dissolve.

You should follow me on Twitter here. Or read What is FCP X’s relationship to iMovie? on our blog.

Return to posts index

Ben Holmes
on Apr 17, 2011 at 3:39:00 pm

Apple were entirely specific about this in the presentation: No upgrade pricing, just a single purchase price for anyone of $299.

This is another reason why I don't get the pricing debate (aka the ridiculous "it's too cheap" argument), as not only is the price for a single app, but even if it's not (which I secretly suspect it isn't - there's more to come at this price) most people will be upgrading, and would only have paid $299 or very similar to update. There's 2m users after all...

Edit Out Ltd
----------------------------
FCP Editor/Trainer/System Consultant
EVS/VT Supervisor for live broadcast
RED camera transfer/post
Independent Director/Producer

http://www.blackmagic-design.com/casestudies/detail.asp?case=therydercup

Return to posts index

Roger Clark
on Apr 17, 2011 at 5:18:19 pm

Cheers, thank-you guys

Return to posts index

Devin Crane
on Apr 20, 2011 at 2:31:33 pm

I just bought a FCS3 upgrade for $299 and they gave me a full retail version. Not sure if that was intentional or not.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]