FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut Pro X and Nuke worfklow

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Mathis
Final Cut Pro X and Nuke worfklow
on Jun 22, 2013 at 4:36:52 am

Is anyone currently using Final Cut Pro X and Nuke in their workflow? I am looking at Nuke as an alternative to After Effects and wanted to know what benefits and issues there are. I am guessing Nuke might not be the right tool for motion graphics as it is a node-based application.

Return to posts index

Nicholas Zimmerman
Re: Final Cut Pro X and Nuke worfklow
on Jun 22, 2013 at 5:00:49 am

Not yet but I'm in the process of moving to it. Will let you know how things work out in a few weeks. It'll be an FCPX/Resolve/Nuke with bits of Motion. Should be pretty painful, so I'll take notes and share them.

--------------------------
Avid MC, PPro CS6, FCP7 - wasting away on my SSD.
I just can't quit X.

Return to posts index

Matias Canelson
on Jun 22, 2013 at 6:00:28 am

ClipExporter (free) helps you to send clips from FCPx to Nuke.

http://clipexporter.mindtransplant.com

--
MatiasCanelson
http://www.canelson.com.ar

Return to posts index

Ronny Courtens
on Jun 22, 2013 at 8:14:07 am

Don't be frightened by node based compositing. It looks intimidating at first glance but once you understand how it works you find it offers so much more than layer based compositing and you don't look back.

Nuke is an excellent tool but I haven't tried it with the new Final Cut Pro. We have been using Smoke 2013 together with FCP10 in a test setup since one year and now we are porting this workflow to daily production on 3 of our bays because it works extremely well. We already have switched completely to the new Final Cut Pro for editing since October last year and now we are making the transition from AE to SMAC for integrated mographs as well. We already have a Flame bay for the higher end work, so trying out SMAC was a no-brainer. So far this process has been quite painless and rewarding for us, and we certainly don't regret it.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Jun 22, 2013 at 10:29:31 am

[David Mathis] "I am guessing Nuke might not be the right tool for motion graphics as it is a node-based application."
Once you understand how a node-based application works, you won't wont to use a layers-based application.
rafael

Return to posts index

Sandeep Sajeev
on Jun 22, 2013 at 5:59:13 pm

I'd imagine using Nuke for Mograph would be incredibly painful. For comping, sure there are obvious benefits, but for design work?

Nicholas, are you using it for Mograph? If so, please do post back with your thoughts.

Best,
Sandeep.

Return to posts index

Nicholas Zimmerman
on Jun 23, 2013 at 4:14:25 pm

No, I tend to do what little mograph I do in Motion.

Avid MC, PPro CS6, FCP7 - wasting away on my SSD.
I just can't quit X.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]