FORUMS: list search recent posts

Color Correction workflow

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tony Corapi
Color Correction workflow
on Jun 19, 2013 at 6:17:12 pm

Hello to all. Trying to understand metadata workflow. In particular in color correction. The scenario is this.
Shot a TV commercial with 2 Arri Alexa's. A camera and B camera. Both in HD Log-C ProRes 4444 Imported and created keyword and smart collections based on scene numbers. All great. I am editing about
seven 30 second TV commercials from this material. I am creating a sampler reel of all scenes color corrected for client to review and will be using some of the shots for the ads from sampler but not necessarily the exact in and out points. This is all fashion retail with a lot of handheld and long lens mixed together. So what I thought I do is have a project (sequence) for the sampler. Everything is tagged with favorites in the event browser for scene and the clips that make up the takes for that particular scene #.
I thought when the edit was locked I would go back to event browser and turn off the Log C Processing in settings view in the info tab to start color correcting the whole clip. This then turns it off the Log-C procsessing for the clip that exist in the sampler timeline because you can not turn it off by highlighting that clip in timeline. I then go back to event browser to the clip and control (right click) and do the open in timeline command and that clip loads in its own timeline and I do a basic color correction. When I go back to sampler timeline I thought the clip in the timeline would also be color corrected but it is not. I have to option Replace from start to put color corrected clip back in sampler timeline. Was I wrong in thinking if I color corrected clips in the event browser in the open timeline command that they would update in any project that was using that clip. Thanks in advance and is this a good workflow?

Return to posts index

Chris Lehmann
Re: Color Correction workflow
on Jun 19, 2013 at 6:33:20 pm

You're going to want to take this question over to FCPX Techniques. This forum is mostly for arguing about FCPX.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]