FORUMS: list search recent posts

Edited with FCPX

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Davidson
Edited with FCPX
on Jun 16, 2013 at 7:08:47 pm

Wanna see some of what we've cut this year with FCPX?

Our website's 'work' page now has a category just for 'Edited on FCPX'.

http://www.magicfeatherinc.com

direct link here:

http://magicfeatherinc.com/#filter=.edited-with-fcpx,+.menu

John Davidson | President / Creative Director | Magic Feather Inc.

Return to posts index

David Eaks
Re: Edited with FCPX
on Jun 16, 2013 at 11:24:13 pm

Nice work John, I really like seeing things like this. The more recognition FCPX gets, the more likely it may be for others to adopt it, which might give Apple more incentive to update and add features. Which in the end trickles right down to my little family owned/operated business. Every little bit counts, so keep it coming!

Return to posts index

Gary Huff
on Jun 16, 2013 at 11:42:54 pm

I have already done two projects in the last two weeks, and starting up a third (all C100/300 footage).

Return to posts index

John Davidson
on Jun 17, 2013 at 1:48:16 am

Thanks! Hopefully it will help people to see that we're delivering FCPX edited elements to all these different networks. All our projects are completely FCP7 free now. Even laying back to tape is now done with Blackmagic Media Express - and it's actually easier than with FCP7.

Only one client still requires tape deliveries, but that's hopefully going to change soon.

John Davidson | President / Creative Director | Magic Feather Inc.

Return to posts index

Nicholas Zimmerman
on Jun 17, 2013 at 7:55:55 am

I love seeing this. I see a lot of "FCPX doesn't do this or that" but I never run into these problems myself anymore. More often than not I'm saying "Well, if you'd used X this would be really fast, but now you'll have to..." Have you guys run into any major roadblocks lately? I'm finding most workflows are maturing to the point where using X doesn't hinder anything, it just changes it from time to time.

--------------------------
Avid MC, PPro CS6, FCP7 - wasting away on my SSD.
I just can't quit X.
--------------------------

Return to posts index

Brett Sherman
on Jun 17, 2013 at 6:08:37 pm

Good work. I don't do this type of editing. So it's interesting to see how well you think X works for it. I do purely documentary-style producing/shooting/editing and as far as I'm concerned, for that nothing is better than FCP X.

Return to posts index

Nikolas Bäurle
on Jun 18, 2013 at 12:26:15 am

I keep on running into roadblocks when using FCP 7:-)

"Always look on the bright side of life" - Monty Python

Return to posts index

Gary Huff
on Jun 21, 2013 at 1:47:59 am

[Nikolas Bäurle] "I keep on running into roadblocks when using FCP 7:-)"

Yeah, how did anyone ever edit video before FCPX?!?!?

Return to posts index

Nikolas Bäurle
on Jun 18, 2013 at 1:38:49 am

Nice work! It's interesting how many misconceptions are still out there, especially about the Magnetic Timeline. It's faster and easier to get roles ready and export separate tracks than the track based method in my opinion. The differences I notice in X compared to Legacy are huge, I work on both. The funny things is my FCPX jobs are in the evenings and my Legacy jobs usually happen during the day, different companies. Whenever I get double shifts those mornings really get painful, the evenings go by like a breeze.

"Always look on the bright side of life" - Monty Python

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]