FORUMS: list search recent posts

Slightly OT: Based on the prices, how much will the Mac Pro (R2D2) Cost?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim Vaughan
Slightly OT: Based on the prices, how much will the Mac Pro (R2D2) Cost?
on Jun 13, 2013 at 10:02:23 pm

Based on these prices, I'm really worried about how much the Mac Pro will cost. Direct from the headlines:
DNC organizers say $500K in equipment missing during convention

To sum it up:
"Organizers only list one item actually "stolen." It also happens to be the most expensive on the list, a MacBook Pro laptop, listed at $75,000."

..............and............

"But people behind the convention also allegedly lost a $54,000 Blackberry, a $30,000 iPhone and two iPads worth around $15,000 apiece."

Well, my friends, we're in a world of hurt. My last Mac purchase was in 2008. I did not realize how much things cost these days..... :)

Tim
Apple XRAID, XServe, 2008 2x3 GHz Quad-Core MacPro, Macbook Pro, XSAN, Dell Studio xps PC's
FCP Studio (7), AVID Media Composer, Adobe Production Premium, Maxon Cinema 4d, AJA Kona 3, Flanders Scientific Monitors, Panasonic HPX250's, Kessler Crane, Glidecam.....
Beer fridge fully loaded.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Slightly OT: Based on the prices, how much will the Mac Pro (R2D2) Cost?
on Jun 13, 2013 at 10:20:47 pm

Doomed!

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Jun 13, 2013 at 10:47:02 pm

They failed to mention that each device bore three autographs: Steve Jobs, Richard Petty and Elvis.

So those numbers actually make sense.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Return to posts index

Daniel Frome
on Jun 14, 2013 at 2:22:16 pm

Guess: $9000 for a 12 core 64GB RAM version.

Return to posts index

Chris Lehmann
on Jun 14, 2013 at 4:33:47 pm

The last Mac Pro I got in 2009 was about $8000. On top of that was the cost of some external LaCie backup drives and various accessories. This price did not include software ($3500) and monitors ($1000). This setup is still serving me to this day though!

A current top of the line Mac Pro (with 2 GPUs and only one hard drive) runs $8400.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]