Bret Williams
Mention of new FCP X version on FCP X web page
on Jun 11, 2013 at 6:29:54 pm

Just in case this is new news-

Return to posts index

Lance Bachelder
Re: Mention of new FCP X version on FCP X web page
on Jun 11, 2013 at 6:34:06 pm

Hadn't seen that yet - thanks! Support for dual GPU's - so I'm guessing FCPX will run better than on my iMac lol...

Lance Bachelder
Writer, Editor, Director
Downtown Long Beach, California
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1680680/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

Return to posts index

Aindreas Gallagher
on Jun 11, 2013 at 6:43:44 pm

you'd have to think X performance on that thing is probably going to be completely and utterly bananas.

http://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos http://www.ogallchoir.net promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics

Return to posts index

Mark Dobson
on Jun 11, 2013 at 6:36:59 pm

Well I guess that means we won't see any incremental upgrades until then.

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
on Jun 11, 2013 at 6:38:32 pm

I'm guessing one more at least, no reason there can't still be feature upgrades before the MacPro drops

Steve Connor

There's nothing we can't argue about on the FCPX COW Forum

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Jun 11, 2013 at 8:59:26 pm

I'm thinking one more update before than as well. Next one for all the non GPU related features and the one coinciding with MacPro for all GPU specific features. Given that there's usually a bug fix release after a feature release one concern that waiting that long for the next release might feel a little to "beta like"
They could do a release in late June and another in late September or early October or whenever R2D2 arrives.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Jun 11, 2013 at 9:44:36 pm

So another bug fix coming? Cuz 10.0.7 was nothing more than a buggy bug fix, and 10.0.8 is a bigger buggy bug bug fix.

10.0.6 was solid generally. But now I get crashes quite a bit and memory leak and today, a new one, I lost renders.

Return to posts index

Marcus Moore
on Jun 11, 2013 at 10:53:39 pm

No. I think it's more likely that we'll see a feature update first in the next month or two, with the MacPro support coming in a largely maintenance oriented release.

Of course all this gets into the sticky territory of what happens after 10.0.9- presuming that's what the next release is. Will it be 10.1, or will we continue with 10.0.10, 10.0.11, etc. until Apple feels the time is right for a 10.1

But I'd find it VERY difficult to believe we won't see anything between now and a "late 2013" MacPro release. That would be over a year since the last feature update last October.

Return to posts index

Bob Woodhead
on Jun 11, 2013 at 7:17:15 pm

Lust.

"Constituo, ergo sum"

Bob Woodhead / Atlanta
CMX-Quantel-Avid-FCP-Premiere-3D-AFX-Crayola
"What a long strange trip it's been...."

Return to posts index

Chris Kenny
on Jun 11, 2013 at 9:12:29 pm

You know, the HDMI port on the new Mac Pro supports Ultra HD. Given that video pros seem to be a primary target of this machine, it doesn't seem totally inconceivable they might allow that port to be used for 'real' broadcast monitoring, or at least something a lot closer to it than is currently possible with GPU display outputs. This would require OS X to finally support 10-bit GUI displays, though.

--
Digital Workflow/Colorist, Nice Dissolve.

You should follow me on Twitter here. Or read our blog.

Return to posts index

Rick Lang
on Jun 14, 2013 at 1:38:00 am

Chris:
"This would require OS X to finally support 10-bit GUI displays, though."

With all the emphasis going to be given to 4K video and 4K monitors and the support for 10bits per channel in the FirePro GPUs and with Apple showing renewed interest in creative professionals, surely the OS will finally support 10bits too.

Rick Lang

iMac 27” 2.8GHz i7 16GB

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]