My Vision for A New You

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan Stewart
My Vision for A New You
on Jun 2, 2013 at 9:50:21 pm

IMAC PRO
BOOM

Add back that extra space (because no-one cares) stick in a co-processor board of 8 A6's to tear up OSX API's
BOOM

Big nasty heatsink on the back and f**k it stick in a Tegra & a Flanders screen
BOOM

I may look like a fool today but in a week I will be a GOD
BOOM

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
Re: My Vision for A New You
on Jun 2, 2013 at 10:22:16 pm

Since we're letting our imaginations run wild, here's my fever dream...

Mr. Cook at some point says.

"Next, I'm announcing not ONE new thing - but SIX new things. And together, they are the new MacPro.
First is what we're calling the MacPro CMU - the central management unit. It's a small box that houses a lot of magic that acts as the hardware Grand Central Dispatch module for your system. It's the hub of the new system. It talks to the new MacPro CPU plug in module box (or boxes, you're choice!). Which in turn plug into the MacPro GPU box (or boxes, you're choice!) these small modules can attach to each other or you can connect them via Thunderbolt V2 cables if you want to put them away from your CMU. This will make your new MacPro endlessly upgradable as new tech is released. No need to replace everything, just buy processors, drives, interfaces, etc. As you need them and always stay current. Next is the Input Management Module. Here you can plug in anything from a keyboard to a camera to an internet feed.
Next up is the OCU or Output Control Unit Module. This device transcodes and makes available your computer output to multiple screens or devices in the formats you prefer.
All these modules hang off a Thunderbolt backbone so you can either plug modules directly into each other to create a compact "all in one" computer. Or you can simply use longer cables to store your CPU or GPU clusters in a desk drawer or closet if you want to build a serious flame-thrower system.

And finally, we've created the IMRC - the Integrated MacPro Refreshment Center - which is essentially a USB powered warming unit plus micro-fridge for snack and coffee generation and storage when you edit.

Hey, I can dream, can't I?

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]