FORUMS: list search recent posts

AV output option change for BMD DecLink SDI without re-launch?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Francois Driessen
AV output option change for BMD DecLink SDI without re-launch?
on May 28, 2013 at 9:15:30 pm

It seems like FCP X only registers the default output setting by my DeckLink SDI card as the only output setting option. WHich means I can't change from 23.98 to 29.97 for native viewing of more than one event that might have different frame rates... Any advice on it?

See this post for background:
http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/124/883945#883945

Francois

FireTrigger Inc.
http://firetrigger.com

Return to posts index

Marcus Moore
Re: AV output option change for BMD DecLink SDI without re-launch?
on May 28, 2013 at 9:28:22 pm

Unfortunately, yes. To change your BMD output options you quit FCPX, change your setting in the BMD settings panel, then relaunch. Not sure why this is, but it is.

Return to posts index

John Davidson
on May 28, 2013 at 10:18:29 pm

[Marcus Moore] "Not sure why this is, but it is."

And it's super annoying, too.

John Davidson | President / Creative Director | Magic Feather Inc.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on May 28, 2013 at 10:59:37 pm

What's more annoying is the sound output. Sound follows system sound. So my system files like YouTube and such has go go out the same audio as BM card. My BM feeds my monitor, which then feeds the speakers. So if I'm just surfing the web, I have to either switch sound to computer speakers, or turn on my monitor.

But, video out settings are sure easier than FCP legacy, where I had matrox. I'd have to switch the matrox control panel AND the video out settings in 7 and they had to match each other and sequence settings. Just like X, the system only output one format at a time. X doesn't have sequence codec settings, and it automatically switches output to match the BMD control panel, so really is simpler. I can relaunch X about as fast as changing the 2-3 settings in legacy.

Premiere has it right in that it changes output on the fly to match whatever clip or sequence is active. But I've heard some complain about that.

Return to posts index

Darren Roark
on May 29, 2013 at 8:44:46 pm

Yes, this is annoying. I have monoprice powered monitors for audio that have an aux input. So I have to feed both the blackmagic and my computer to the same speakers.

Still a PITA.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on May 29, 2013 at 10:28:02 pm

Exactly what I do. The blackmagic goes to the video monitor, then to the speakers. The computer goes straight to the speakers on the second input. I've always done it this way, but now I have to switch sound in the control panel if my video monitor is off and sound is set to blackmagic. I don't need the video monitor on to surf the internet.

In legacy, the sound out of FCP 7 is controlled by FCP 7. Not the computer control panel. Ditto with Premiere and any other editing app I've used.

Return to posts index

Keith Koby
on May 31, 2013 at 10:32:38 am

Yeah try this. Disable a/v output in the window menu. Open your pref pane and switch frame rates. Command tab back to fcp and re-enable a/v output.

Keith Koby
Sr. Director Post-Production Engineering
iNDEMAND
Howard TV!/Movies On Demand/iNDEMAND Pay-Per-View/iNDEMAND 3D

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]