FORUMS: list search recent posts

Moved FCPX Project and Event folders to new hard drive: lost favorites, rejects and keywords!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Thomas Craven
Moved FCPX Project and Event folders to new hard drive: lost favorites, rejects and keywords!
on May 23, 2013 at 12:01:50 am

I got a new external hard drive, in an effort to take some stress off my computer, I moved my project and event folders to the new drive...and am now without days and days worth of favorites, rejects and keyword data! I haven't emptied my trash, but somehow have numerous copies of the same folders in the trash. I'm really baffled by this, it's never happened before. Please help. Thank you!

Return to posts index

Eric Thomas Craven
Re: Moved FCPX Project and Event folders to new hard drive: lost favorites, rejects and keywords!
on May 23, 2013 at 12:20:24 am

Update: I dug up the "current version" file with a previous date in the "old versions" folder, closed FCPX and renamed the old file CurrentVersion.fcpevent...this recovered my keyword collections, but I'm still desperately trying to locate my hundreds of favorite and reject data.

Return to posts index

Michael Hadley
Re: Moved FCPX Project and Event folders to new hard drive: lost favorites, rejects and keywords!
on May 23, 2013 at 1:53:46 pm

If you copied the events folder over via the finder (i.e., dragging), you may have issues. You want to use X itself to create a duplicate event on the external drive. In FCPX, selected the original event you want copied in the browser then hit command-D to create a duplicate and you should be okay (unless you somehow lost the keywords in your original event). You will be able to specify where you want the dupe to live.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on May 23, 2013 at 3:37:24 pm

Also, if you did do a Finder drag and drop and had both dupe Events open, fcpx can get confused in that you thought you were working on the local copy but you were working on the external copy.

I don't know what you mean when you say there are multiple copies of folders in the trash.

Did you delete things multiple times?

Any chance those are your missing Events?

And has been mentioned, in the future you can use fcpx itself for this type of media management.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]