FORUMS: list search recent posts

Message to Apple

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Connor
Message to Apple
on May 18, 2013 at 6:45:40 pm

I know you're out there, tell us what's coming in the next release, you've done it before, you could do it again.

Adobe have fumbled the ball at the 10 yard line (is that a correct US Football analogy?) and now you have an unexpected chance to get some points back.

Go on, you know you want to!

Steve Connor

There's nothing we can't argue about on the FCPX COW Forum

Return to posts index

Greg Andonian
Re: Message to Apple
on May 18, 2013 at 10:13:57 pm

[Steve Connor] Adobe have fumbled the ball at the 10 yard line (is that a correct US Football analogy?)

It certainly feels that way right now, but considering the new versions aren't available yet, and considering the comments I've seen here I think a better football analogy would be that Adobe still has the ball, but it's now 3rd and 15 because they were overconfident on second down and they dropped back deep to do a acreen pass- but then got sacked and lost a ton of yards.

I say that because, judging by the comments from Adobe reps here, it seems like there is a lot going on behind the scenes to address the criticisms of the cloud model. (of course, this stuff SHOULD have been talked about BEFORE they made the announcement- but it's good to see it being talked about...) Things like long-term file access, tiered pricing plans, longer pre-paid plans and even long-term buyouts all seem to be getting some degree of attention behind the scenes. So it is possible that when the new versions actually ship, there could be changes to Creative Cloud that will put out at least some of the firestorm.

So, Adobe still has the ball, for now. But First down is a mile away and they may have to settle for a long field goal. With the wind blowing toward them.

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on May 18, 2013 at 10:38:58 pm

[Greg Andonian] "So, Adobe still has the ball, for now. But First down is a mile away and they may have to settle for a long field goal. With the wind blowing toward them."

That has to be the best analogy so far. The wind guest is at least 40 mph right now, this will be one tough field goal. Will they go for it?

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
on May 19, 2013 at 8:22:19 am

Apologies, this was meant to go on the FCPX forum It's hard to tell them apart at the moment!

Steve Connor

There's nothing we can't argue about on the FCPX COW Forum

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on May 20, 2013 at 8:52:11 pm

[Greg Andonian] "...judging by the comments from Adobe reps here, it seems like there is a lot going on behind the scenes to address the criticisms of the cloud model. (of course, this stuff SHOULD have been talked about BEFORE they made the announcement- but it's good to see it being talked about...)..."

I suspect it most certainly WAS spoken about prior to the announcement. I think any concerns that were voiced were trumped by people higher on the Adobe food chain, as in, "This is what we're going to do. I hope for that your continued well-being in the company, you concur."

Thus, a large number of very smart people have very few option responses.

[Greg Andonian] "...Adobe still has the ball, for now. But First down is a mile away and they may have to settle for a long field goal. With the wind blowing toward them..."

As time progresses, it will certainly grow darker: does this stadium have lights? It may also start to rain. Or hail.

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
on May 22, 2013 at 11:54:16 am

probably also time fora few surprise urine samples.

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

Craig Shields
on May 22, 2013 at 5:16:17 pm

The way this post starts off makes me think of Neo in the last scene of The Matrix. I guess that's one way of looking at them. Was that intended or am I just watching too much movies and TV?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]