FORUMS: list search recent posts

An Illustrator alternative (from within Pixelmator)

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Gage
An Illustrator alternative (from within Pixelmator)
on May 18, 2013 at 5:43:40 pm

I haven't tried it yet, but I just saw this post at Macintouch.com-
http://www.macintouch.com/readerreports/applications/index.html#d18may2013

"Adobe and alternatives

Bill Martin
Anyone who is exploring Pixelmator will be happy for this tip:

Introducing Vectormator- http://www.pixelmator.com/blog/2013/05/14/introducing-vectormator/

Pixelmator is actually two apps in one.

Command-Shift-V turns Pixelmator into an Illustrator alternative.

Currently, this may not reach the level that some professional user require, but for some, this may be the exact answer to a PS/Illustrator alternative."

--

I moved over to Pixelmator about a year ago and it's worked fine for my limited PhotoShop type needs.

Dave

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: An Illustrator alternative (from within Pixelmator)
on May 18, 2013 at 6:32:30 pm

It'll be an interesting year for Pixelmator. I really do hope they keep moving forward aggressively. I'm sure they know they've got a lot of eyeballs on them now. I do hope they keep improving PSD import and look at importing AI files as well. For me, if they can see files clients send me that would be major, even if it doesn't have a matching feature set.

Return to posts index

Francois Jean
on May 18, 2013 at 9:59:08 pm

I have PIXELMATOR which has been my choice for some year now ... but when vectors are needed IDRAW is great and it is also available on iPad ... and it is very good.
cheers
zap

Return to posts index

Robert Gilman
on May 20, 2013 at 12:32:52 am

+1 for iDraw on the Mac. While they don't official claim to open .ai files, I find it can open most of what I've tried.

I have also found Acorn to be a good alternative to Pixelmator. I have both and find I gravitate to Acorn.

Return to posts index

Christian Schumacher
Re: An Illustrator alternative (from within Pixelmator) - Preview Tip
on May 20, 2013 at 2:09:46 am

Here's some tricks for Mac OS' Preview App.

You can open Ai files and using the text select tool you can pick each vector element and copy and paste them. And when opening Psd files you can save it back to the Psd format too. Preview can save your bacon in very simple manipulations as they cover a lot of ground for most editor's needs.

Return to posts index

Dave Gage
Re: An Illustrator alternative (from within Pixelmator) - Preview Tip
on May 20, 2013 at 6:00:47 am

[Christian Schumacher] "You can open Ai files and using the text select tool you can pick each vector element and copy and paste them. And when opening Psd files you can save it back to the Psd format too. Preview can save your bacon in very simple manipulations as they cover a lot of ground for most editor's needs."

Very cool! After 25 years on Macs, first I heard of this. I'll give it a try this week.

Thanks,
Dave

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]