FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can we get back to what really matters around here?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Keith Koby
Can we get back to what really matters around here?
on May 17, 2013 at 1:01:44 pm

Can we get back to what really matters around here, like mac pro speculation?

And could it be the made in the USA mac?

No new details that point to Mac Pro specifically perhaps, but it is better than nephophobia.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Can we get back to what really matters around here?
on May 17, 2013 at 1:24:41 pm

Haha! Awesome. A fear of clouds.

Yeah, I'm hoping for some MacPro goodness, too.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on May 17, 2013 at 2:28:23 pm

Rumors have been pointing to either MacMini or MacPro. To me the latter makes more sense given the low volume production, high price of the product, target market.

As we move towards WWDC I can't help but think about a (rough) convergence of OS 10.9, MacPro, FCPX 10.0.9 feature update on the way. I think a little sunshine will peek through for us Mac/FCPX users.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on May 17, 2013 at 3:26:29 pm

I'm starting to feel like a 10.1 is coming on. Especially since 10.0.7 and 10.0.8 were both maintenance updates mostly. And they confidently ignored NAB. Wonder whats up their sleeve? I'm guessing the 10.1 will be rich with mini features. Putting back all the little extras and settings. Up til now, the focus has been first on a functional new platform, then large major new features. I think it's time to fill in the gaps. Adobe finally did. They added all the stuff from FCP 7 and Avid they never had. Apparently nobody had ever requested these things so Adobe had no idea they would be something to add. Sure adobe is all about communication. They keep saying- make a feature request, make a feature request. And they work on the most requested features first. Fine and dandy but certainly not innovative. I can't think of anything in the new premiere that wasn't already in Avid ( from eons ago) or FCP 6. I just saw someone mention on the PPro forum that an audio playback delay adjustment is coming in the new premiere. We had playback offset in FCP 1!

Return to posts index

Clint Wardlow
on May 17, 2013 at 3:45:02 pm

[Bret Williams] "I'm starting to feel like a 10.1"

What is interesting is the Adobe Cloud move is providing an opportunity for Apple. I think a lot of folks that jumped ship to Premiere early in the game will look at FCPX with new eyes.

Man, the last couple of years have been a roller coaster ride.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on May 17, 2013 at 3:59:55 pm

Consider a big feature release for FCPX and the supposed marketing push from Apple... it could be interesting.

Apple, proven track record for pushing out major feature updates with no monthly subscription.
Now if they can do a big Motion feature release as well...

Return to posts index

Clint Wardlow
on May 17, 2013 at 3:36:44 pm

Haven't you all heard? The new Mac Pro is going to be cloud-based. You'll have to downloaded it from the app store and load it onto your ipad or iphone. Oh, it is also a subscription. Plus in a secret cabal meeting Shantanu Narayen and Tim Cook have agreed to join forces to enslave the world. Apparently Sherlock Holmes is our only hope.

Well, that is about as much false rumor-mill as I can hurl in a day in good conscious.

I too am curious about the new mac pro or lack thereof. It seems to have gotten lost in the shuffle lately. Though I still think the earliest we are going to get any news is in the fall.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on May 17, 2013 at 3:38:26 pm

[Clint Wardlow] "I too am curious about the new mac pro or lack thereof. It seems to have gotten lost in the shuffle lately. Though I still think the earliest we are going to get any news is in the fall."

It's easy.

Everyone switched to home built PCs with $3,000 CUDA cards.

Didn't you?

Return to posts index

Clint Wardlow
on May 17, 2013 at 4:03:16 pm

[Jeremy Garchow] "It's easy.

Everyone switched to home built PCs with $3,000 CUDA cards.

Didn't you?"

Well, I have to admit that I was looking at switching to PC because of issues I was having with AE on my imac.

However, I discovered it wasn't computer-based but idiot-based (the idiot being me).

So I figure I can still slog along on my imac for awhile longer in hopes of a new mac pro.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on May 17, 2013 at 6:18:36 pm

I did hear it was subscription based. Actually, you rent a 3D printer from Apple, and every time there is a hardware update, you melt down the old MacPro and print out a new one from the same aluminun. Part of their whole going green initiative.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on May 17, 2013 at 3:36:58 pm

[Craig Seeman] "As we move towards WWDC I can't help but think about a (rough) convergence of OS 10.9, MacPro, FCPX 10.0.9 feature update on the way. I think a little sunshine will peek through for us Mac/FCPX users."

This optimism, Craig, is not allowed here.

:)

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Marcus Moore
on May 21, 2013 at 9:38:10 pm

I'm with you that I certainly hope we hear something at WWDC. What's giving me a bit more hope about an announcement next month is that it seems I was in error about the XEON roadmap. Getting quarters confused, it seems that the new Xeon's that could theoretically power a Xeon based MacPro will be available in limited supply either for, or shortly after WWDC in June. And Apple does have a history of getting first crack at processors from Intel.

Add to this that the MacPro's low-volume, high-margin business; along with the fact that it would certainly be a refresh of a current Mac product (which is what Cook has said that it is) means it hasn't been eliminated as a possibility for the "US Mac". But it is still very much that- just a possibility.

Furthermore- WWDC is the ONLY event that I could see Apple giving ANY stage time to a MacPro. Even at a Mac focused event you never heard about MacPros or XServes.

Not too long to wait now so see if those who like to sit back and chuckle at us holdouts, get to chuckle a little longer.

I think a FCPX update should be coming our way sometime in June, though I'm still dubious we're headed for a 10.1 in the near term. But I'd love to be wrong.

Return to posts index

Aindreas Gallagher
on May 17, 2013 at 6:51:46 pm

[Keith Koby] "it is better than nephophobia."

that's the best line in donkeys years.

http://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos http://www.ogallchoir.net promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]