FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can't save changes to projects or Events?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bill Lauer
Can't save changes to projects or Events?
on May 16, 2013 at 7:02:24 pm

We are deep into a project and yesterday we got this message:

"FCP cannot save changes to projects or Events.
The disk where your projects or Events are located maybe full or unavailable, projects or Events may have moved or permissions may have changed.
To avoid losing your work, quit FCP."

I'm using a 4tb drive and it has 2tb free. It is odd that this problem started just as we crossed the 2 tb threshold. I don't know if this is just a coincidence.
We've repaired permissions, run disk warrior and tried several different machines and the problem persists.

Mac Pro 5.1
MacOs 10.8.3
FCPX 10.0.8
48gb ram

Thanks for any help,
Bill

Bill Lauer
KUED Post Production

Return to posts index

John Davidson
Re: Can't save changes to projects or Events?
on May 16, 2013 at 7:18:51 pm

Check the drive you're using. Select it and hit CMD+I. Does the user on the edit system have permission to read and write the drive?

John Davidson | President / Creative Director | Magic Feather Inc.

Return to posts index

Bill Lauer
on May 16, 2013 at 8:39:30 pm

Yes, I have permission to read/right on the drive. We've been using the drive daily for 2 months.
Thanks for the quick response,
Bill

Bill Lauer
KUED Post Production

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on May 16, 2013 at 10:11:38 pm

I have seen this.

You want to know the scary part? Everything still saves, at least in my case.

The modified date will remain forever locked to that time, but somehow everything is still saved.

I duped my event everyday just in case. This only happened on one Event thus far, the rest have been fine and update normally.

Sometimes, a restart will fix it.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
on May 19, 2013 at 1:00:12 am

Any chance that X starting saving to a different drive than the one you thought it was saving to? Check your media drive and see when the last update was. Check your other drives and see if there are any files related to your project being saved there.

Mac Pro, macbook pro, Imacs (i7); Camcorders: Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HPX250P, Canon HV30/40, Sony Z7U, VX2000, PD170; FCP 6 certified; write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on May 19, 2013 at 4:22:21 am

In my case, it's a SAN Location, not a drive.

The backup file is always updated with current date/time, the Event file isn't updated.

It is because the date/time isn't updated that fcpx throws the error, at least, that's my opinion.

It feels like a bug to me, but I'm not 100% sure.

Return to posts index

Bill Lauer
on May 21, 2013 at 12:10:21 am

Thanks, Scary is right. I can't do a project like this. I guess I should create a new event and transfer everything into the new event.

Thanks, Bill

Bill Lauer
KUED Post Production

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on May 21, 2013 at 1:21:56 am

You could try it.

In my case, I has so much tied up in the Event (compounds, synced clips, etc) that a copy wouldn't work and duping the Event just carried the problem to the duped Event.

But.

Everything worked. I did not lose anything. Of course, I would not prefer to work this way, but I was kind of forced to.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]