FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP-X Keywording, Movieola and Me.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bill Davis
FCP-X Keywording, Movieola and Me.
on May 14, 2013 at 8:44:33 pm

Just a heads up for any who might be interested.

Last month, Movieola out in LA asked me to do one of their production related webinars:

My topic is: Tagging and Keyword Strategies Inside Final Cut Pro X.

I going to try to help people better understand basic stuff like the strategic differences between using the Reject, and Favorite dashboard tags - and how to develop useful alphanumeric tags for both finding and sorting production assets in the Event Browser.

A lot of the stuff I'm covering relates to ANY search, sort, and find database system - not just X, so if you use another NLE there will hopefully be useful tagging concepts for you as well - but the examples I'll use are centered around how I label things both in the finder and inside X to try and make my system work more efficiently.

On the seminar day it's FREE. So I can guarantee you'll at least get your money's worth if you tune in!

More details on their main web page in the seminars section.

FWIW.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: FCP-X Keywording, Movieola and Me.
on May 14, 2013 at 9:50:39 pm

Go get em, Bill.

Make sure you go over all the cool renaming features and how FCPX is currently the best in breed with gathering and making metadata useful.

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on May 14, 2013 at 10:52:04 pm

But Jeremy, if I reveal what lies behind the "cogwheel of power" then everyone will know our secrets!

; )

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Return to posts index

Gerry Fraiberg
on May 15, 2013 at 1:40:47 am

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.

Return to posts index

Christopher Travis
on May 15, 2013 at 11:55:40 am

Looks like a good site, I see some interesting webinars on there. However I can't seem to access them, it says membership is "coming soon". Does this mean there is currently no way to access old content?

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on May 15, 2013 at 12:14:13 pm

Direct link. Works for me.
http://moviola.com/webinars/tagging-and-keyword-strategies-in-fcp-x/

You can create a free account. Live Webinars are free.
On Demand with extras costs a little.

Return to posts index

Christopher Travis
on May 15, 2013 at 12:19:15 pm

As interesting as Bills upcoming webinar looks, I'm actually interested in some of the older content, most of which doesn't seem to have any purchase options, for example:

http://moviola.com/webinars/surviving-in-the-broadcast-editing-world/

I can't find any mention on the site of when this membership option will become available.

Return to posts index

Mark Dobson
on May 15, 2013 at 4:47:18 pm

Well, after a lot of counter-intuative faffing about I believe that I am registered>

The moviola website looks great but a lot of the links don't work.

Looking forward to the webinar Bill.

Return to posts index

Christopher Travis
on May 15, 2013 at 5:01:13 pm

Same here. For the record, I needed to sign up as a member before I could access the old webinars. It wasn't very clear, and even when I did sign up and click the link, it didn't send me the download link.

Lots of nice looking content on there, it's a shame the website doesn't work very well. However I did get good helpful responses from the support email address.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]