Greg Andonian
Apple to change to subscription model for Applecare
on May 12, 2013 at 9:24:56 pm

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1581017

Return to posts index

Jason Porthouse
Re: Apple to change to subscription model for Applecare
on May 12, 2013 at 10:16:09 pm

Depending on the pricing structure, I wouldn't have a problem with this. Indeed, if it meant I could continue care over and above the three years it currently runs at I'd be happy to. I see this as kind of like insurance - BMW do a similar extended warranty for their bikes that can run indefinitely.

Difference between this and Adobe is I still own the Mac/iPad or whatever is being covered, and I can still use it without Applecare...

Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes.
Then when you do criticise him, you'll be a mile away. And have his shoes.

Return to posts index

Charlie Austin
Re: Apple to change to subscription model for Applecare
on May 13, 2013 at 3:39:40 am

FTA...
The site also says Apple will be changing its AppleCare service -- which currently attaches to individual devices, requiring customers to buy a new AppleCare plan for each computer and iOS device they purchase -- into a subscription service that will attach to a particular customer instead of a product. Apple's One to One program works in a similar manner.

The new subscription service could include "exclusive" 24/7 support, though AppleInsider notes that the feature set is not finalized yet and could still change. The complimentary support structure could be changing as well. Currently, Apple includes free phone support for 90 days with every product. The new AppleCare could extend that support to a year or more, and possibly include new live support options such as chat via iMessage.

Sounds good to me...

-------------------------------------------------------------

~"It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools."~
~"The function you just attempted is not yet implemented"~

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]