FORUMS: list search recent posts

can i use FCP X plugins on FCP 7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
piff aroni
can i use FCP X plugins on FCP 7
on May 9, 2013 at 5:25:32 pm

i know the FCP x cant really open FCP 7 songs, but can we use FCP x plugins in 7?

Return to posts index

Andy Field
Re: can i use FCP X plugins on FCP 7
on May 9, 2013 at 5:31:11 pm

No - they are all published Motion 5 projects I think

Andy Field
FieldVision Productions
N. Bethesda, Maryland 20852

Return to posts index

piff aroni
on May 9, 2013 at 5:41:12 pm

what a nightmare. Between this and final cut pro x not even able to open my 7 projects, Im leaving and going to adobe...

is it true tho, that there are more plugins for FCPX then adobe Premier ?

Return to posts index

John Davidson
on May 9, 2013 at 5:50:50 pm

Yes there are probably more with X, you can also make your own that are usable directly in X with Motion, which is a pretty awesome thing.

Check the plugins you have, they probably have an update from 7 that works with X now. Most do.

John Davidson | President / Creative Director | Magic Feather Inc.

Return to posts index

Andy Field
on May 9, 2013 at 6:39:47 pm

You can open 7 projects in X. Go to apple on line store. Program is called 7 to x I think

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on May 9, 2013 at 7:14:42 pm

But expect titles, speed changes, freeze frames, color correction, and audio in general, to be a mess. But for straight up cuts and dissolves (actually some problems with dissolves too since X can't do a start on or end on dissolve) to hold together.

Return to posts index

piff aroni
on May 9, 2013 at 7:50:24 pm

its just a nightmare i dont want to deal with anymore. I dealt with apple during the emgaic logic take over and seen how they crippled the program, and made it into "garage band pro"

the same has now happened to final cut, and I am going with the more professional program now, that works on mac and pc, final cut pro x IS imovie, as you can import an imovie project, but not a final cut pro 7 project

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on May 9, 2013 at 7:54:52 pm

[piff aroni] "final cut pro x IS imovie"

There are some professionals, including a few in broadcast who are proof otherwise.

If you can't deal with change then haven't been around that look.

Going forward you can't "buy" Premiere anymore, it's "rental" (subscription) only past CS6.

Return to posts index

John Davidson
on May 9, 2013 at 8:06:05 pm

I think you're an excellent candidate for Premiere.

John Davidson | President / Creative Director | Magic Feather Inc.

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
on May 9, 2013 at 9:02:00 pm

[piff aroni] "emgaic logic take over and seen how they crippled the program, and made it into "garage band pro""

Not really true

[piff aroni] "the same has now happened to final cut, and I am going with the more professional program now, that works on mac and pc, final cut pro x IS imovie"

Not really true

Steve Connor

There's nothing we can't argue about on the FCPX COW Forum

Return to posts index

piff aroni
on May 10, 2013 at 5:53:51 am

yes the emagic take over was a nightmare. They dead VST support in favor of audio units, not letting logic be able to use VST plugins.

it took a year to get a buggy VSTtoAU wrapper, and another year for stable AU plugins to come out.

im not going through it again with apple.

seeing an IMPORT IMOVIE PROJECT in X and not being able to open my 7 projects is the last straw.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on May 10, 2013 at 3:05:22 pm

[piff aroni] "seeing an IMPORT IMOVIE PROJECT in X "

I've had two business clients who had done their first cuts in iMovie. I finished in FCPX.
In today's declining budgets it allows clients to do their own roughs and selects.

[piff aroni] "and not being able to open my 7 projects is the last straw."

7 to X is $10. Assisted Editing is much faster than Apple could ever be in fixing import related issues.''

Seems you're more interesting in being cranky than any serious critique.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on May 9, 2013 at 9:45:02 pm

Me too. I'm going with the one that has professional scopes for both viewer source and record, best in class multi-cam, and cutting edge 4k/proxy support. iMovie Pro!

In reality I'm learning Premiere as well but it still feels clunky like FCP 7. But it looks like its coming out with some features soon that will bring it up to par with Avid from the 90s and the feature set of FCP 6/7. Stuff like blade tool snapping, paste attributes, and removing through edits. :)

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on May 9, 2013 at 11:20:11 pm

Let's not forget that RED support was designed specifically for home video enthusiasts.

http://vimeo.com/52018756#

Return to posts index

Marcus Moore
on May 12, 2013 at 6:20:20 pm

I've said this before but it bears repeating- if Apple was looking to make FCPX more consumer oriented, EVERY feature they've added and decision they've made has been the wrong one.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]