FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adobe guy

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
TImothy Auld
Adobe guy
on May 7, 2013 at 11:42:17 pm

So where is the ubiquitous Dennis (or anyone from Adobe for that matter) in all of this? They all seem to have disappeared.

Tim

Return to posts index

TImothy Auld
Re: Adobe guy
on May 7, 2013 at 11:47:58 pm

Read it. Not even remotely a response to my question. Where are these people who find it convenient to comment in these forums when it suits them and evaporate when it does not?

Tim

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on May 7, 2013 at 11:54:35 pm

Hmm.

I don't understand.

They are right there in that thread. Ask a question, see if you get a response.

Return to posts index

TImothy Auld
on May 8, 2013 at 12:05:02 am

Well Jeremy, my question was where are they in this thread. But just for fun I will jump on the thread you reference and try to get an answer as to why the ONLY "workaround" to an issue that has been (according to my research) been going on for well over a year) is to create a new admin account. Which, by the way is absolutely ridiculous. I'll let you know what happens.

Tim

Return to posts index

Dennis Radeke
on May 7, 2013 at 11:57:11 pm

The Adobe guy is here and will try to start a post to take your questions. Probably in the Premiere Pro forum as opposed to here. While I love to post and respond on the COW, it is definitely on my own time and not a part of my official Adobe duties.

Give me a day or two and I'll try to jump in.

Still...The Adobe guy. ;-)

Return to posts index

Andy Field
on May 8, 2013 at 12:12:27 am

Dennis is the straightest of straight shooters......he doesn't make Adobe policy but he's upfront about explaining it .....what's lost in these discussions is the tremendous improvements ADOBE has tested and put into action in the new version - don't want or need them? Stick with your current version -- want them - pay an amazing, great value for an entire suite of products you once paid 3 or 4 times more for just one of the pieces of software.

Andy Field
FieldVision Productions
N. Bethesda, Maryland 20852

Return to posts index

Marcus Moore
on May 8, 2013 at 1:22:46 am

The only thing I find spurious is the amount of time Dennis has spent here, jumping in and backhanding Apple for not "listening to it's customers" like they do; and then everyone else piling on.

And now... this.

And I say this as someone who is both a happy FCPX user for over a year AND a happy Creative Cloud subscriber since last fall [I didn't even jump on at a "switcher" promotion time]. I personally think CC is the right decision for Adobe. And the truth is Dennis probably didn't know this was coming down until very recently, so I'm not calling him a liar either.

I only hope that this adds some well needed balance to the discussions here. Adobe has to do what's right for their business going forward. Sometimes that means doing things that in the short term are going to ruffle some feathers.

Does any of this sound familiar?

Return to posts index

TImothy Auld
on May 8, 2013 at 12:14:41 am

Nice to hear from you Dennis. As Jeremy suggested I will try to get a response in Walter Biscardi's thread.
But I would love to hear your thoughts on nearly three hours on Adobe chat and finally the only thing that worked was to create a new admin account. And after my sojourn with chat I did research and found that I was not even close to the only one who had this problem and that the solution, after over a year, is still the same - and unacceptable. And - just so you are clear - pretty much everybody here is on there own time.

Tim

Return to posts index

Joseph W. Bourke
on May 8, 2013 at 12:42:56 am

Yeah, but it sounds as if Dennis actually does something besides insult people who are trying to help.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

TImothy Auld
on May 8, 2013 at 12:45:00 am

What has he done to help here?

Tim

Return to posts index

Joseph W. Bourke
on May 8, 2013 at 12:48:16 am

If you looked past the end of your own nose, you'd find him in several of the forums here jumping in with concrete answers to users problems, as well as being a solid representative of Adobe who tries to make sense when people are ranting and whining...

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media

Return to posts index

TImothy Auld
on May 8, 2013 at 12:54:50 am

I know the point at which my nose ends (farther away from my eyes than I would like) and I quite often look beyond it. I do not think that is it is ranting or whining to point out a problem which many people have and that no one at Adobe will directly (or even indirectly, for that matter) respond to. And I don't think I insulted anyone.

Tim

Return to posts index

Joseph W. Bourke
on May 8, 2013 at 1:02:46 am

I apologize if I insulted you - the "ranting and whining" was not directed toward you - just the general tone here. I was trying to say that Dennis always tries to get past the emotion, and solve the issues/problems at hand. I have the same nose problem - everyone thinks I'm lying...

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media

Return to posts index

TImothy Auld
on May 8, 2013 at 1:10:18 am

No worries. I am quite dull and often don't know for years that I have even been insulted. And I agree that Dennis has been very helpful on these forums.

Tim

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
on May 8, 2013 at 8:32:56 am

[Dennis Radeke] "The Adobe guy is here and will try to start a post to take your questions. Probably in the Premiere Pro forum as opposed to here. While I love to post and respond on the COW, it is definitely on my own time and not a part of my official Adobe duties.

Give me a day or two and I'll try to jump in."

At least the Apple guys had a big wall to hide behind when they had their crisis. Adobe have left you guys out in the field very exposed!

Steve Connor

There's nothing we can't argue about on the FCPX COW Forum

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on May 8, 2013 at 3:29:51 am

[James Daugherty] "What is the compensation for the people who have perpetuals licenses? If they can terminate it then it isn't perpetual, it's a fraud. Time to get the class action going. See you in court."

What are you talking about? CC doesn't change your perpetual license at all.

In fact, Adobe is selling CS6 perpetual licenses indefinitely. You can still buy one today. Or next week. Or next month.

From the Creative Cloud FAQ [link]:
For how long will Adobe continue to sell Creative Suite 6?
We plan to sell Creative Suite 6 for use on supported platforms indefinitely.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Chris Harlan
on May 8, 2013 at 3:45:49 am

[James Daugherty] "What is the compensation for the people who have perpetuals licenses?
If they can terminate it then it isn't perpetual, it's a fraud.
Time to get the class action going. See you in court.
"

Seriously? Sigh.

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
on May 8, 2013 at 6:45:47 am

Perhaps we'll get some Apple guys hanging around the PPro forum now, talking about perpetual licenses?

Steve Connor

There's nothing we can't argue about on the FCPX COW Forum

Return to posts index

Chris Harlan
on May 8, 2013 at 6:52:16 am

[Steve Connor] "Perhaps we'll get some Apple guys hanging around the PPro forum now, talking about perpetual licenses?

Steve Connor
"

If not that, maybe we can finally get the forum name changed to Apple FCPX or Adobe Premiere or Not: The Master Debate

Return to posts index

Tim Wilson
on May 8, 2013 at 8:25:02 pm

[Chris Harlan] "Apple FCPX or Adobe Premiere or Not: The Master Debate"

Your online home for masterdebators.

Return to posts index

Chris Harlan
on May 8, 2013 at 8:30:44 pm

[Tim Wilson] "[Chris Harlan] "Apple FCPX or Adobe Premiere or Not: The Master Debate"

Your online home for masterdebators.
"

Thank you, Tim. At least, somebody gets me.

Return to posts index

Gary Huff
on May 8, 2013 at 12:23:33 pm

[James Daugherty] "Time to get the class action going. See you in court."

Are you seriously just a one-trick pony here?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]