FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adobe is listening/reading

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Bankston
Adobe is listening/reading
on Jun 24, 2011 at 12:28:24 pm

Counting 3 new huge ads sponsoring this forum. Good for them. Time for Apple to respond if they have any desire to stem the tide.

Return to posts index

Miłosz Koziol
Re: Adobe is listening/reading
on Jun 24, 2011 at 1:34:26 pm

I think that apple will just keep pretending that nothing happend

Return to posts index

Tim Wilson
on Jun 24, 2011 at 2:42:59 pm

All I know is that Apple is watching and reading too. They are one of the companies who most regularly frequent the COW, and I assure you that they have read everything here.

Now, what happens from here, I can assure you that I am the last person on earth that they would tell. :-)

I'm just making an observation....

Return to posts index

Kevin Monahan
on Jun 24, 2011 at 3:25:53 pm

Hi All,
I think most of you know me as a FCP editor, trainer, founder of SF Cutters and helper here at the Cow. I work at Adobe now on the Premiere Pro and After Effects team as a tech writer and community manager. Let me know if you have any questions about Premiere Pro, After Effects or Adobe Media Encoder.

When I was new to Adobe, I recorded a series of videos with Karl Soule, product evangelist for digital video products. If you're coming from FCP and thinking about editing in Premiere Pro, you should check 'em out: http://tv.adobe.com/show/switching-to-adobe-premiere-pro-cs5

Here to help!

Kevin Monahan
Sr. Content and Community Lead
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe Systems, Inc.
Follow Me on Twitter!

Return to posts index

Jamie Franklin
on Jun 24, 2011 at 6:20:33 pm

Hey Kevin.

Off topic. Adobe has done a great job with After Effects and Premiere. For comping, I trained on Nuke and never thought I'd ever go back to layering but CS5 is fast and has a lot of great features. And you know it's because they listened to their users :)

Ahem, cough...

Kudos!

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Jun 24, 2011 at 9:15:58 pm

Kevin,

Does adobe have (or plan to have) a capture codec similar to ProRes for HD? I know you can edit ProRes just fine in Premiere, but I am asking about capture (via Kona , Decklink etc ).

Return to posts index

Kevin Monahan
on Jun 27, 2011 at 6:29:32 pm

Most of our users like Cineform for intermediate codec requirements. It's not free, however.

Kevin Monahan
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe Systems, Inc.
Follow Me on Twitter!

Return to posts index

David Bankston
on Jun 26, 2011 at 1:31:49 am

Kevin, does Premiere CS 5.5 support the original Matrox MXO unit for External Monitoring? (BTW- it After Effects 5.5 does)

Return to posts index

Kevin Monahan
on Jun 27, 2011 at 6:35:20 pm

I'm not sure about the MXO but it should work. My suggestion is to download the fully functional 30 day trial and see for yourself: http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?product=production_premium

Let us know if it works. Thanks!

Kevin Monahan
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe Systems, Inc.
Follow Me on Twitter!

Return to posts index

David Bankston
on Jun 27, 2011 at 7:39:52 pm

Just tried it. Seems to work but does not allow you to control the output of the resolution. You need drivers in Premiere Pro to get that to work. Again, you can control resolution from within Adobe After Effects.
So kind of works but not really fully supported.

Return to posts index

Pierre Jasmin
on Jun 24, 2011 at 8:19:57 pm

a Read-Only company? :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]