FORUMS: list search recent posts

Premiere Pro CC: The bright side

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg Andonian
Premiere Pro CC: The bright side
on May 7, 2013 at 1:16:45 am

I'm still not sure about many aspects of the new direction Adobe is taking, and like I said in the other thread I'll be holding onto my CS5 and hopefully CS6 for quite a long while.

But having said that, I do see advantages to having tight CC integration. Like this new Premiere feature for example:

NEW Sync Settings

Now you can walk into any edit bay in the world, sync your settings with Creative Cloud, and all your customized settings — including workspaces and keyboard shortcuts — will be exactly where you want them.

Return to posts index

Herb Sevush
Re: Premiere Pro CC: The bright side
on May 7, 2013 at 2:10:51 am

[Greg Andonian] "Now you can walk into any edit bay in the world, sync your settings with Creative Cloud, and all your customized settings — including workspaces and keyboard shortcuts — will be exactly where you want them."

Or you could have your settings on a thumb drive and load them into any computer you want without a CC subscription or internet connection of any sort. What's the big deal?

Herb Sevush
Zebra Productions
---------------------------
nothin' attached to nothin'
"Deciding the spine is the process of editing" F. Bieberkopf

Return to posts index

Chris Harlan
on May 7, 2013 at 2:25:18 am

[Herb Sevush] "Or you could have your settings on a thumb drive and load them into any computer you want without a CC subscription or internet connection of any sort. What's the big deal?"

Just so 2012, Herb. What R U thinking?

FWIW, I like the idea, too. Plus, I can park a lot of my commonly used files, like SFX packages, in that little online closet that comes along with membership. No, it doesn't rock the foundation of NLEville, but its a fun fact.

Return to posts index

Greg Andonian
on May 7, 2013 at 7:27:32 am

[Chris Harlan] FWIW, I like the idea, too. Plus, I can park a lot of my commonly used files, like SFX packages, in that little online closet that comes along with membership.

That's something I hadn't thought of. I actually like that aspect too. It could come in handy, especially with the new Premiere and Speedgrade in mind- it would be nice to be able to store .look files up there, and grab a look that I like when I'm somewhere else.

Return to posts index

Greg Andonian
on May 7, 2013 at 2:27:06 am

You can do this already without the cloud?

In that case nevermind.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on May 7, 2013 at 11:19:14 am

If they can tie the different plug-ins I use or might use as part of a CC service that would be helpful too in addition to settings, SFX, and other templates I might use as part of my freelance services. And while I can use any cloud service for that now, having it automated as part of a single sign-in for plug-in licensing would be another streamlined benefit.

Michael

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on May 7, 2013 at 3:42:36 pm

Here are details about the Sync Settings features:
http://blogs.adobe.com/premierepro/2013/05/sync-settings-features-in-premie...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Dan Stewart
on May 7, 2013 at 5:00:29 pm

If your suite is web connected that is.. most post houses I work in freak out at a thumb drive let alone the web..

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]