FORUMS: list search recent posts

Danny Boyle: Man of Wonder - Extended

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
craig slattery
Danny Boyle: Man of Wonder - Extended
on May 6, 2013 at 10:44:49 pm

Wednesday 8th, 11:20pm BBC Two. The "The Guardian - Pick of the day".
60 min extended version. Cut in FCPX, 26 day scheduled but cut in 22. If you missed the half hour this hour version is really worth trying to catch. FCPX worked like a dream, even with the longer more complicated timeline. More than 700 clips, 1.2TBs of footage. I had great fun cutting this film in FCPX it really is the dogs n**ts for this kind of broadcast work. Love it.

Return to posts index

Mathieu Ghekiere
Re: Danny Boyle: Man of Wonder - Extended
on May 7, 2013 at 7:47:30 am

Hi Craig,

thanks for the updates.

With all the deadlines that you are going trough (cutting in 22 instead of 26), do you get a lot of extra interest from the network in FCPX?

Kind regards,

Return to posts index

craig slattery
on May 7, 2013 at 9:17:11 am

Absolutely yes. The producers and directors Ive worked with on FCPX, only want to cut in FCPX now. Im booked solid and unable to meet the demand. Those directors are now asking me for recommendations of editors proficient in X, sadly that pool is very small.

Return to posts index

Mark Dobson
on May 7, 2013 at 3:40:35 pm

Well I've set my set top recorder and look forward to watching this programme.

As is often the case your elegant timeline belies the amount of work you will have put into this project.

What is it specifically you like about working with X for this type of programme?

Return to posts index

craig slattery
on May 7, 2013 at 7:54:03 pm

Thanks Mark, I hope you enjoy, some really interesting extras in this special. Anthony Dod Mantle on '28 days later', 'Slumdog' and a brilliant BBC drama called 'Strumpet' with Christopher Eccleston

[Mark Dobson] "What is it specifically you like about working with X for this type of programme?"

Its made editing fun again, coincidently, that's what I hear most from people that have made the move. Its more visual, I can see at a glance what the film will look like, and its because its visual I believe contributes to being able to work creatively faster. Its also very elegant, I only have to deal with the editing, the boring stuff is hidden, (like switching from proxy and back, seamless) yet, its also very deep and strangely, I feel less of a fraud cutting in X, it makes me feel like a proper editor again. The fickle side of me! I cant but help love the look of my two 27' screens, Apple certainly know how to design beautiful looking kit.

Return to posts index

Charlie Austin
on May 7, 2013 at 3:54:52 pm

[craig slattery] "Those directors are now asking me for recommendations of editors proficient in X, sadly that pool is very small."

Please forward any such requests to Aindreas. :-)

-------------------------------------------------------------

~"It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools."~
~"The function you just attempted is not yet implemented"~

Return to posts index

Zeb Chadfield
on May 9, 2013 at 7:06:01 pm

How was it finished? Grade and Online in X too or just cut?

Return to posts index

craig slattery
on May 9, 2013 at 9:19:27 pm

Grade in color, Audio in Protools.

Return to posts index

Zeb Chadfield
on May 10, 2013 at 2:21:54 pm

Played out to SR or DPP file delivery? Finished in which application?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]