FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCPX - Crashing @ startup (resolved - deleted preferences) / Missing Projects & Events (unresolved)

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Vickers
FCPX - Crashing @ startup (resolved - deleted preferences) / Missing Projects & Events (unresolved)
on May 6, 2013 at 6:26:59 pm

All,
Forgive me if this issue has been addressed & resolved, please help!
FCPX began crashing every single time I tried to open the app.
I deleted preferences and now the program will load, however...
Once the window panes load and the software begins to read the existing projects; the projects & events library appear to be populated with past projects/events for a brief minute, until the loading becomes complete; then, all existing projects/events disappear. The program no longer crashes but the libraries are now empty.
When I try to open a project by locating the project file in the finder - the mac responds with the beachball of death (and FCPX freezes).
Side Note #1: This problem only began occurring after I used a SDHC card and SD card reader 2.0 to began a project on the fly. I was able to complete that short project and render an mov file, but since that project and subsequent shut-down, FCPX began behaving badly.
Side Note #2: All media and projects are stored on a GRAID - after resolving the crashing by removing the preferences, FCPX will start up sans my past projects / events **** FCPX no longer recognizes my GRAID; ie I can not import any media from the GRAID (File>Import>Media = *FCPX intermittently will recognize my GRAID as a camera and not a DRIVE & for the majority of the time, the GRAID does not appear at all.)
See my specs below. Any help is greatly appreciated.
FCPX 10.8
MAC OSX 10.7.5
Processor: 2.7 Intel Core i7
Mem: 16 1067 MHz DDR3
Graphics: MAD Radeon HD 6770M 512 Mb
All Projects, Media & Events are stored on a GRaid 4TB drive using Firewire800.

Return to posts index

Matt Vickers
Re: FCPX - Crashing @ startup (resolved - deleted preferences) / Missing Projects & Events (unresolved)
on May 6, 2013 at 6:58:52 pm

UPDATE: ISSUE RESOLVED:
I mentioned that I had copied media from an SDHC card onto the Root External Hard Drive, the folder that was copied was called, "Private."
I removed the "Private" folder from the root and now FCPX recognizes the External as an External (not a camera) and all of my 'lost' projects & events have been restored.
Hallelujah

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]