FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCPX project gone!?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
joe mordecai
FCPX project gone!?
on May 6, 2013 at 2:31:52 pm

Hey all -

Please direct me to elsewhere if this issue has been posted before, but I've just had a little heart attack moment.

I've been working on an edit with FCPX, using the 10.0.8 Trial Version with a client to see if it's a viable way forward. I was up very late working on a project. Namely, had a lot of clips trimmed and arranged into the timeline. Closed the program as normal and went to bed. I woke up this morning, opened the project, and everything is GONE in the timeline.

All of my event info, in/out ranges, data is still there, but my timeline is empty. It's like it erased the whole thing. Now I have to start over?? Other past projects are still fine... but this one...magically gone.

Very upset... anyone have this happen?

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: FCPX project gone!?
on May 6, 2013 at 3:02:53 pm

Does the project not exist or are all the edits within the project gone? If the latter... Undo undo undo

Return to posts index

joe mordecai
on May 6, 2013 at 3:10:32 pm

The project exists, but the timeline where all my cuts were was totally empty. Are there an infinite amount of Undo's? I've already started rebuilding what I had done yesterday... but is that "undo" method viable?

Return to posts index

Russ Haskell
on May 6, 2013 at 3:40:37 pm

It's possible the backup file is still intact (if it hasn't been over-written this AM). With FCP closed, in the Finder, navigate to your project folder >Backups and move the backup to the same folder level as CurrentVersion.fcpproject. Hide the old one in a temp folder. Launch FCP and see whether your sequence returns.

Russ

Return to posts index

Russ Haskell
on May 6, 2013 at 4:01:45 pm

Forgot to add that the backup file, which has a timestamp as its file name, needs to be re-named to CurrentVersion.fcpproject,

Sorry about the missing step.

Russ

Return to posts index

joe mordecai
on May 6, 2013 at 6:57:48 pm

Thanks for the advice, Russ. I manually rebuilt my timeline... but if this happens again... I'll keep this in mind!

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on May 7, 2013 at 12:30:35 am

Sorry to come to this late - and it's probably not the issue,

BUT.

I sometimes see people hitting "new Compound" and not putting anything in them. If you were to do that and launch it, you can get what looks like a blank timeline replacing your populated one.

Did you check the upper left area right below the Favorite/Reject keyword HUD to see if your timeline history was still set to your main edit?

Just a possibility.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]