FORUMS: list search recent posts

We need a BIG name...

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Miłosz Koziol
We need a BIG name...
on Jun 24, 2011 at 10:17:28 am

Hello! I`m a videojournalist, editor and documentary director. Half (but it is becoming less and less while freelancing and ads are getting more of their share) of my income comes from broadcast. I started in TV back in 2005 (we still had ol LE magnetic decks for news:)). I started using final cut pro about a year ago and I was(am) very happy with it. The new FCP X however is somewhat of a dissapointment. I`m, cleary, being oprhanized by Apple ( And I`m sort of an apple fanboy -meaning, if Steve would need a liver transplant i`m there as a donor). I work as a professional and i know quite a lot of professional editors who know their game quite well ( most of them are AVID though) and those on FCP are really, really frightend.
You see, the thing with apple is it`s PR. Back in the 90, here in Poland, only wealthy graphic desingners could afford apple computers. And apple had become a synonim for professional. At least here. The thing with final cut is the same - professionals are responsible for it`s succes. You see FCP wouldn`t be in it`s place today if not the industry. And movies that were made with that software. I wouldn`t be albe to tell a story with FCP X - I cant imagine a 70hrs of footage for my documentary project being edited on that ... thing. So there is one conclusion. We need a Big name - a director - that will show his/hers opnion on FCP X. We can still change this - or at least make it a normal, customizable tool. Oh yea, and do it for apple sake...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]