FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mac Pro Re-sale Prices Falling?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Benjamin Mullins
Mac Pro Re-sale Prices Falling?
on May 1, 2013 at 7:55:00 am

I'm currently selling my Mac Pro on eBay and from looking at the other listings it seems like Mac Pros have dropped a fair bit in price over the last couple of years. My 2006, 3.0GHz Quad core, 5GB RAM, has an average sale price of £450 (according to eBay). I know this is an old model but across the board this seems to be the case. Anyone else noticed this?

Return to posts index

Mark Dobson
Re: Mac Pro Re-sale Prices Falling?
on May 1, 2013 at 8:57:41 am

Whilst low compared to what you paid for it originally £450 seems like a good price for a 7 year old machine.

I recently bought an iMac replacing a 2008 Quadcore with a Radeon 5770 graphic card,22Gbs of Ram etc etc and I've decided to hang onto it as a back up machine.

Choosing the right time to sell is a black art that I've never attained and my house is full of superseded technology, camcorders ( remember Hi8? ) cassette tape decks, VHS Video and U/Matic and also reel to reel tape recorders. If you haven't got the time or inclination to digitise old archive material you have to hang onto these machines.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on May 1, 2013 at 6:16:35 pm

On that note, I just bought a functional BVW-65 on ebay for $15. Even picked it up locally so no shipping. Who knows how long it'll last but I bought it specifically just to load in some old betacam before they breakdown themselves.

Return to posts index

Don Walker
on May 2, 2013 at 1:36:01 am

I had a Sony Bvh-2000 1' machine that I got for free from a post house up in Norcross. I brought it with me when I moved to Texas, as a conversation piece. Ended on giving it to the local Panasonic rep. (to curry favor?). Wish I had it back.

don walker
texarkana, texas

John 3:16

Return to posts index

Brett Sherman
on May 3, 2013 at 12:40:25 pm

I have that particular model of Mac Pro (1,1). One reason for the low price is the fact that you can not run Mountain Lion on this Mac. So it's basically locked in at Lion OS for perpetuity. However if you had a 3,1 Mac Pro I think you'd find you could get more money for it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]