FORUMS: list search recent posts

Off topic, I know- Can anyone recommend a pro video hosting site for all platforms?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Don Scioli
Off topic, I know- Can anyone recommend a pro video hosting site for all platforms?
on Apr 29, 2013 at 10:13:22 pm

I know this is off topic, but if any people would know this answer, the pro people on this site would- can anyone recommend a professional video hosting site for streaming and downloading to various devices, mobile, pad and computer, Mac and PC.

thanks and sorry for the intrusion.

Return to posts index

Michael Hadley
Re: Off topic, I know- Can anyone recommend a pro video hosting site for all platforms?
on Apr 29, 2013 at 10:34:52 pm

vimeopro works great. $200/year and you have a lot of control (and private password-protected review pages for rough cuts).

bitsontherun.com is also quite good, not as inexpensive but more control, especially if you are hip to html coding.

Wistia.com is also good.

Vzaar.com is also good and priced well.

At the higher end, brightcove.com. But it's $100/month.

After trying them all, we switched everything over to vimeopro. https://vimeo.com/prosubscribe

Best value for our needs. Occasionally wish we had a bit more customization but the price is terrific, as is the streaming and encoding. And being able to upload directly out of FCPX is a time-saver for client reviews.

Big picture, a lot of great choices out there.

Return to posts index

Don Scioli
Re: Off topic, I know- Can anyone recommend a pro video hosting site for all platforms?
on Apr 29, 2013 at 10:45:19 pm

That's great info, MIchael, thanks!

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Apr 30, 2013 at 1:44:32 am

I'll just echo this.

I've used VimeoPro for well over a year and it's been great.

Single click web publishing out of FCP-X and great looking encoding and tiered mobile friendly versioning all done automatically.

It also seems like they're on a slow but steady path to allowing monitization of custom video content via pay per download modes - which isn't important for me right now, but might become more over the long run. So it's nice to see that they're keeping their eye on that trend.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Return to posts index

Andrew Richards
on Apr 30, 2013 at 1:29:13 pm

Let me be another endorsement of Vimeo Pro. They give you a lot of control over how your content is presented in addition to the other features already mentioned.

Best,
Andy

Return to posts index

Brett Sherman
on May 3, 2013 at 12:54:08 pm

Our organization is trying to get off Brightcove. It's just too expensive. We had to go up to the professional level which is over $1000/month. They cripple their lower priced version. But there were a couple features we needed for the pro level. We're not even close to the needing the bandwidth for the pro version.

We'll be moving either to completely YouTube or a mix of YouTube and Vimeo.

Return to posts index

William Davis
on May 3, 2013 at 3:21:47 pm

We've had success with Dropbox. We drag and drop approval files into folders organized by client, and share the link to resulting file. The client can view in a browser or download the files. Sharing a link to a folder full of QuickTime files presents all the versions on one page.

Having said that, I'll be looking into Vimeo more closely based on the praise listed above.

Thanks,
Bill

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on May 3, 2013 at 9:04:08 pm

Biggest plus of Vimeo to my thinking is that they do all the transcoding for mobile deployment on their end - automatically - in the background. If the client arrives via iPad, the host knows that and feeds that encoding to the device.

On the file download side, the client can select from a basic menu of resolutions to meet their requirements under the "download" option at the bottom of the playback screen.

So you have a larger organization (Vimeo) making sure that the largest possible number of potential content downloaders have successful options that meet their needs.

That combined with single click sharing out of my FCP-X timeline direct to my Vimeo Pro account were the tipping points.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]