FORUMS: list search recent posts

Working happily with CS 6 on Creative Cloud for two days and then...

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
TImothy Auld
Working happily with CS 6 on Creative Cloud for two days and then...
on Apr 22, 2013 at 5:03:52 pm

No apps will open. The application manager just hangs. I'm sure I will drudge through the support and get it working again and thankfully I am not in a time crunch now. The fact that this kind of thing will likely keep happening is what worries me about this concept. Where would I be if I was on a big job with an impending deadline. Who would I call about that?

Tim

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Working happily with CS 6 on Creative Cloud for two days and then...
on Apr 22, 2013 at 5:12:59 pm

[TImothy Auld] "No apps will open. The application manager just hangs. I'm sure I will drudge through the support and get it working again and thankfully I am not in a time crunch now. The fact that this kind of thing will likely keep happening is what worries me about this concept. Where would I be if I was on a big job with an impending deadline. Who would I call about that?"

Trick question? Who would you call if you were on a big job with an impending deadline and your perpetually-licensed software didn't launch?

I know there are cloud-specific issues, but I don't see tech support being one of them. If anything, it's a strength -- you're paying for on-going support as part of your subscription fee.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

TImothy Auld
on Apr 22, 2013 at 5:26:45 pm

Certainly I have faced that issue before and solved in in ways that ran from restart to zapping the the PRAM to clean installs to purchasing new hardware. But it didn't happen that often, and never as soon as two days after an install. So, I don't really understand your point.

Tim

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Apr 22, 2013 at 6:05:10 pm

[TImothy Auld] "Certainly I have faced that issue before and solved in in ways that ran from restart to zapping the the PRAM to clean installs to purchasing new hardware. But it didn't happen that often, and never as soon as two days after an install. So, I don't really understand your point."

My point is that there are definitely Creative Cloud-specific issues, like what happens if you have no Internet access for more than a month. But who you call for support is the same, whether you're on a subscription or a perpetual license, so this part strikes me as cumulophobia:

[TImothy Auld] "The fact that this kind of thing will likely keep happening is what worries me about this concept. Where would I be if I was on a big job with an impending deadline. Who would I call about that?"

Maybe I'm reading you wrong here? I know you're having a problem and that's no good, but maybe I don't understand your point?

Walter Soyka

Return to posts index

Lance Bachelder
on Apr 22, 2013 at 6:12:40 pm

That's another good question - I'm on monthly service so I understand the suite will timeout after a month because that's all I paid for - but what if I paid for a year in advance and lose my internet connection or purposely keep a machine off the internet? The suite should stay active for as long as I paid for right?

Lance Bachelder
Writer, Editor, Director
Downtown Long Beach, California
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1680680/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

Return to posts index

Dennis Radeke
on Apr 22, 2013 at 7:04:30 pm

You can find a lot of answers here: Creative Cloud FAQ

including this: "Because your Creative Suite applications are installed directly on your computer, you will not need an ongoing Internet connection to use them on a daily basis. However, you will need to be online when you install and license your software, and at least once every 30 days thereafter. The software will alert you when you need to connect to the Internet for a license status check."

Hope this helps.

Return to posts index

Aindreas Gallagher
on Apr 22, 2013 at 7:11:38 pm

I'm curious tho - what if you plunk down for the year in advance? get the season ticket like?
Does that mean I can go mad and turn off my dsl box for the 12 months?

http://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos http://www.ogallchoir.net promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics

Return to posts index

Dennis Radeke
on Apr 22, 2013 at 7:32:13 pm

No. Even if you purchase for a year (which I think is the way to go), the software will recheck activation once every 30 days.

Return to posts index

Aindreas Gallagher
on Apr 22, 2013 at 7:36:22 pm

I want to run away with my machine dennis. I want to go up a tree. you're cramping me man.

http://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos http://www.ogallchoir.net promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
on Apr 22, 2013 at 8:54:01 pm

[Dennis Radeke] "No. Even if you purchase for a year (which I think is the way to go), the software will recheck activation once every 30 days."

That's just ridiculous, If I pay for a year up front then Adobe don't need to recheck anything for a year.

Steve Connor

There's nothing we can't argue about on the FCPX COW Forum

Return to posts index

TImothy Auld
on Apr 22, 2013 at 8:57:44 pm

Steve,

We wholeheartedly agree. The end of the world is therefore nigh.

Tim

Return to posts index

David Lawrence
on Apr 23, 2013 at 5:11:43 am

[Steve Connor] "That's just ridiculous, If I pay for a year up front then Adobe don't need to recheck anything for a year."

Bingo.

And with this policy, the dark side of software rental is revealed. For all the benefits, it still remains a candy-coated DRM and lock-in strategy.

If you've paid for a year of service in advance, there is no valid reason for monthly authentication checks outside of DRM concerns.

For more on why DRM harms paying customers while doing nothing to stop piracy, see this EFF article on the recent Sim City Meltdown.

publicmattersgroup.com
facebook.com/dlawrence
twitter.com/dhl

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Apr 23, 2013 at 6:04:40 am

[David Lawrence] "If you've paid for a year of service in advance, there is no valid reason for monthly authentication checks outside of DRM concerns."

I don't think you can pay for a year of Creative Cloud upfront. You can commit to paying monthly for a year in exchange for the lower rate, but I don't think you can pre-pay the year.

I blame Enron:
http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/3/938537#938604

Walter Soyka

Return to posts index

Andrew Kimery
on Apr 23, 2013 at 6:12:50 am

[Walter Soyka] "I don't think you can pay for a year of Creative Cloud upfront. You can commit to paying monthly for a year in exchange for the lower rate, but I don't think you can pre-pay the year."

Walter is correct. You can commit to an annual plan for a reduced rate but you still pay monthly.

Return to posts index

David Lawrence
on Apr 23, 2013 at 6:21:14 am

[Andrew Kimery] "Walter is correct. You can commit to an annual plan for a reduced rate but you still pay monthly."

Thanks Walter and Andrew for clarifying.

publicmattersgroup.com
facebook.com/dlawrence
twitter.com/dhl

Return to posts index

David Lawrence
on Apr 23, 2013 at 6:19:54 am

[Walter Soyka] "I don't think you can pay for a year of Creative Cloud upfront. You can commit to paying monthly for a year in exchange for the lower rate, but I don't think you can pre-pay the year.

I blame Enron:
http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/3/938537#938604"

Interesting. I did a quick search on Sarbanes Oxley and software industry accounting, but all I could find were references to controls over IT departments in relation to internal accounting software development. Do you know of any sources for more info on the Apple issue with iOS update fees?

publicmattersgroup.com
facebook.com/dlawrence
twitter.com/dhl

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Apr 23, 2013 at 6:40:10 am

[David Lawrence] "Do you know of any sources for more info on the Apple issue with iOS update fees?"

http://appleinsider.com/articles/09/10/21/inside_apples_iphone_subscription...

Walter Soyka

Return to posts index

Dennis Radeke
on Apr 23, 2013 at 11:33:20 am

[Walter Soyka] "I don't think you can pay for a year of Creative Cloud upfront. You can commit to paying monthly for a year in exchange for the lower rate, but I don't think you can pre-pay the year."

You can.

Return to posts index

Aindreas Gallagher
on Apr 23, 2013 at 4:42:59 pm

[Walter Soyka] "I don't think you can pay for a year of Creative Cloud upfront. "

dennis said it below - but just to clarify walter, you can bulk pay subscription up to 12 months in advance, but weirdly, they are still going to tie you to monthly activation checks, which I don't understand at all.

Return to posts index

Richard Herd
on Apr 23, 2013 at 3:01:58 am

Dennis,

[Dennis Radeke] "the software will recheck activation once every 30 days."

What about documentarians in the boondocks making documentaries like "Restrepo" in bumblenowhere Afghanistan who cannot get to the net?

I hope Adobe changes course. That is, if someone buys a one year deal then Adobe should recheck activation once per year. (Oh don't forget to account for leap years.)

Thanks!
Rich

PS Dynamic Link is amazing! It overwhelms X.

Return to posts index

Andrew Kimery
on Apr 23, 2013 at 3:13:15 am

[Richard Herd] "What about documentarians in the boondocks making documentaries like "Restrepo" in bumblenowhere Afghanistan who cannot get to the net?"

When this Q was asked on Adobe's forums a rep from Adobe said if you know you'll be w/o internt access for an extended period of time you can call Adobe support before hand and they'll make adjustments on a case by case basis.

The other option is just to buy a perpetual license and not use Creative Cloud.

Return to posts index

Kevin Monahan
on Apr 23, 2013 at 5:05:03 pm

[Andrew Kimery] "When this Q was asked on Adobe's forums a rep from Adobe said if you know you'll be w/o internt access for an extended period of time you can call Adobe support before hand and they'll make adjustments on a case by case basis."

As I understand it, that's correct.

Kevin Monahan
Social Support Lead
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe Systems, Inc.
Follow Me on Twitter!

Return to posts index

Kevin Monahan
on Apr 23, 2013 at 3:23:56 pm

[Richard Herd] "What about documentarians in the boondocks making documentaries like "Restrepo" in bumblenowhere Afghanistan who cannot get to the net?"

As I understand it, you should call us in advance and let us know you'll be off the grid. We can waive activation in certain cases. Everyone gets a week long grace period if you're not connected, as well.

Kevin Monahan
Social Support Lead
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe Systems, Inc.
Follow Me on Twitter!

Return to posts index

Sandeep Sajeev
on Apr 24, 2013 at 12:04:14 pm

If I've paid upfront for a year then it's ridiculous that I'd have to do this.

And personally I'm not at all comfortable with the blase way in which these statements 'Oh just call us and we'll work something out' (I'm paraphrasing) are made.

This makes 2 assumptions - 1) that the standard of support is the same globally and 2)that the vendor is actually capable (legally, corporate directives etc) of making an allowance for your particular situation.

Sandeep

Return to posts index

Kevin Monahan
on Apr 24, 2013 at 4:37:56 pm

[Sandeep Sajeev] "And personally I'm not at all comfortable with the blase way in which these statements 'Oh just call us and we'll work something out' (I'm paraphrasing) are made. "

Currently, Creative Cloud customers should contact support if you plan to be away from an internet connection for more than 37 days. http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

We're aware of the use case problem and are working on a solution.

Kevin Monahan
Social Support Lead
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe Systems, Inc.
Follow Me on Twitter!

Return to posts index

TImothy Auld
on Apr 22, 2013 at 7:14:00 pm

I appreciate the effort but that is the first place I went and while it does contain a tremendous amount of useful information it was no help in this situation. The membership was purchased two days ago, the apps downloaded and licensed at that time and they worked fine. Until this morning.
Now if I try to open an app it's icon appears in the dock for a moment and is then replaced by the application manager icon which then hangs and is unresponsive. On advice I tried re-installing the application manager but that hangs and is ultimately unresponsive as well.

Tim

Return to posts index

Dennis Radeke
on Apr 22, 2013 at 7:27:40 pm

Ah Timothy - apologies - in this case, I was responding to Lance's question.

Return to posts index

TImothy Auld
on Apr 22, 2013 at 7:35:59 pm

No problem.

Tim

Return to posts index

TImothy Auld
on Apr 22, 2013 at 6:54:03 pm

My point is that I bought (rented?) something that ceased to function after two days and I am not at all liking the level of support or communication that I am seeing thus far. I have two options: to browse Adobe's forums in search of a solution, or try to go to their contact support site and wait an hour for someone. An email option would be nice. I don't really count not having access to the internet as a Creative Cloud problem. That's really my problem. And if you are within your paid month the apps should still work without internet access. What I am having right now is a Creative Cloud problem.

As for my being phobic, you are dead on. In my experience the larger the customer base becomes the worse the support becomes.

Tim

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Apr 22, 2013 at 7:40:56 pm

[TImothy Auld] "My point is that I bought (rented?) something that ceased to function after two days and I am not at all liking the level of support or communication that I am seeing thus far... What I am having right now is a Creative Cloud problem."

Sorry if I jumped on you for this. I am not trying to defend software that broke for no reason after two days -- just trying to point out that the cloud stuff has the same support mechanism as the perpetual license.

Some informal technical support, based on threads I've seen around activation issues. I haven't had to do any of these myself, but maybe something here will help:

You might try installing some other application you haven't already installed & activated. You can do this from a trial installer.

Close your Adobe apps, remove the file "opm.db" located in ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE before relaunching an app to solve activation problems.

Uninstall and reinstall your applications (there are uninstallers in the applications' folders on the Mac). Again, even if Adobe Application Manager is still hosed for some reason, you can download and activate the trial version with your Creative Cloud credentials.

Walter Soyka

Return to posts index

TImothy Auld
on Apr 22, 2013 at 7:49:27 pm

There is no need to apologize and I didn't feel jumped on. Thanks for the suggestion. I read this too and did try it but if the truth were told I was on the phone with a potential client while I was doing and so it probably warrants another try with a little more focus. Sorry if my tone was combative. Just frustration coming out.

Tim

Return to posts index

Aindreas Gallagher
on Apr 22, 2013 at 8:28:15 pm

[Walter Soyka] "You might try installing some other application you haven't already installed & activated. You can do this from a trial installer.

Close your Adobe apps, remove the file "opm.db" located in ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE before relaunching an app to solve activation problems.

Uninstall and reinstall your applications (there are uninstallers in the applications' folders on the Mac). Again, even if Adobe Application Manager is still hosed for some reason, you can download and activate the trial version with your Creative Cloud credentials.
"

seriously though walter - that above does sound quite nuts. I'm half (half) swayed by the cloud, but for the likes of that to happen on a client day on say a three day turnaround gig? As a specific issue relating to cloud architecture?

that would be enough to make a soul run away screaming. Have you had any similar issues with creative cloud install apps at all?

Return to posts index

TImothy Auld
on Apr 22, 2013 at 8:38:10 pm

Well, leave it to you Aindreas to say what I guess I didn't have the scrot to say. I will do it because I want it to work so I can properly evaluate the service. But it scares me right down to my navel that I have to do it. And how many more times will I have to do it?

Tim

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Apr 22, 2013 at 8:46:15 pm

[Aindreas Gallagher] "seriously though walter - that above does sound quite nuts. I'm half (half) swayed by the cloud, but for the likes of that to happen on a client day on say a three day turnaround gig? As a specific issue relating to cloud architecture?"

Sure, it sounds nuts. So does trashing preferences, repairing permissions, resetting NVRAM, clearing boot caches, rotating log files, clearing font caches, or any of the dozen other things we do when things go wrong. Computers are complex, and sometimes they fail. Happens on every system and with every software.

[Aindreas Gallagher] "that would be enough to make a soul run away screaming. Have you had any similar issues with creative cloud install apps at all?"

If it always worked that badly, it would make me run away screaming. But bad stuff can happen to permanent installs, too, can't it? Creative Cloud has worked non-stop for me for the last year, bouncing the app across a bunch of different computers on both platforms.

I don't meant to minimize Timothy's predicament -- what he's seeing should not happen and I'd certainly be upset if it happened to me, too -- but I don't think it's typical.

Walter Soyka

Return to posts index

TImothy Auld
on Apr 22, 2013 at 8:55:39 pm

Since you mentioned other platforms I'd be very interested in knowing - if you're inclined to share - if there is a platform and OS that you find works best for you with Creative Cloud.

By the way, I removed the file from the library and reinstalled a couple of apps and it seems to be going OK now. Fingers crossed.

Tim

Return to posts index

Kevin Monahan
on Apr 23, 2013 at 3:20:48 pm

Sounds like things are working for you now, yes? Thanks to Walter for that suggestion.

If the problem persists, please post the details about the current difficulties you're facing to the Adobe Downloading, Installing, & Setup forum here: http://forums.adobe.com/community/download_install_setup.

You may also want to review your log file and try reinstalling the Adobe Application Manager per this discussion at http://forums.adobe.com/message/4408353#4408353.

Kevin Monahan
Social Support Lead
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe Systems, Inc.
Follow Me on Twitter!

Return to posts index

TImothy Auld
on Apr 23, 2013 at 9:09:49 pm

Well, yes. As i indicated in another post (I missed this one somehow) all apps are working again. On Walter's advice I deleted the file from the library and then uninstalled/reinstalled App Manager, Premiere and AE. At that point those three worked. But the others that I had not uninstalled/reinstalled worked. So I figured I do them today. But when I came home this afternoon they were all working again. Go figure.

Tim

Return to posts index

Aindreas Gallagher
on Apr 22, 2013 at 9:21:05 pm

[Walter Soyka] "trashing preferences, repairing permissions, resetting NVRAM, clearing boot caches, "

mate - that stuff takes literally no time. The issue would be full creative suite re-installs: that is a different order of magnitude altogether in a single billing day.

[Walter Soyka] "But bad stuff can happen to permanent installs, too, can't it?"

I guess but rarely really? I feel like I've gotten away with that. FCP has been a rock for years and CS installs have genuinely been solid.
personally the worst I've ever had has been conflicting user permissions and stuff on a san. For FCP on OSX that gets insane incredibly quickly. did for us.

Actually - to be fair - WinNT4? I loved that. Apps on that were nuclear tanks.

[Walter Soyka] "Creative Cloud has worked non-stop for me for the last year, bouncing the app across a bunch of different computers on both platforms. "

righto so. good to hear.

Return to posts index

Shawn Miller
on Apr 23, 2013 at 4:35:51 am

[Aindreas Gallagher] "Actually - to be fair - WinNT4? I loved that. Apps on that were nuclear tanks."

LOL, right... WinNT 4 running dual CPUs and featuring preemptive multitasking... before preemptive multitasking was cool. There are days I still miss Windows 2000 too, stable, simple, flexible. :-)

Shawn

Return to posts index

Chris Harlan
on Apr 23, 2013 at 5:35:40 am

[Shawn Miller] "[Aindreas Gallagher] "Actually - to be fair - WinNT4? I loved that. Apps on that were nuclear tanks."

LOL, right... WinNT 4 running dual CPUs and featuring preemptive multitasking... before preemptive multitasking was cool. There are days I still miss Windows 2000 too, stable, simple, flexible. :-)
"

YES. Solid stuff. Pretty much all the way through XP.

Return to posts index

Kevin Monahan
on Apr 23, 2013 at 5:02:15 pm

[TImothy Auld] "I am not at all liking the level of support or communication that I am seeing thus far."

I apologize that you are not getting the level of support you want.

[TImothy Auld] "I have two options: to browse Adobe's forums in search of a solution, or try to go to their contact support site and wait an hour for someone. An email option would be nice."

As a first step, check out our service portal: http://helpx.adobe.com/support.html. You can often solve issues quickly here. Using the chat feature is often the fastest way of getting in touch with an agent.

It is, indeed, a great idea to search our forums for answers. Just post your question in the "Ask a Question" pod at the top of most any forum page.

If you cannot find your answer that way, post in the appropriate Adobe forum where our community experts are always waiting to assist you. An Adobe agent (like myself) is often in these forums and can also assist you.

Of course, posting here in the Creative Cow is also a great resource, as we've seen from this very thread.

Kevin Monahan
Social Support Lead
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe Systems, Inc.
Follow Me on Twitter!

Return to posts index

TImothy Auld
on Apr 22, 2013 at 5:36:58 pm

And as far as the support goes at present all representatives are busy helping other customers and my current wait time is approximately 40 minutes and 5 seconds (!)

Tim

Return to posts index

Kevin Monahan
on Apr 23, 2013 at 5:04:19 pm

[TImothy Auld] "And as far as the support goes at present all representatives are busy helping other customers and my current wait time is approximately 40 minutes and 5 seconds (!)"

Well, it's better to use the chat feature. You can get to our agents much faster that way.

Kevin Monahan
Social Support Lead
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe Systems, Inc.
Follow Me on Twitter!

Return to posts index

TImothy Auld
on Apr 23, 2013 at 8:42:39 pm

I was using the chat feature.

Tim

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Apr 22, 2013 at 5:19:10 pm

Not the Ghostbusters...

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Michael Garber
on Apr 22, 2013 at 5:23:48 pm

But Bustin' makes me feel so good.

Michael Garber
5th Wall - a post production company
Blog: GARBERSHOP

Return to posts index

Andrew Kimery
on Apr 22, 2013 at 5:35:01 pm

Why do you think this type of thing will likely keep happening? I've been using Creative Cloud since the middle of last year or so and I haven't run into a problem where apps wouldn't launch.

Return to posts index

TImothy Auld
on Apr 22, 2013 at 5:38:00 pm

Based on what I've been reading in other forums it does keep happening to people.

Tim

Return to posts index

Gerald Goldman
on Apr 22, 2013 at 6:21:03 pm

We frequently have strange technical problems with CS6.

I'm not complaining. We are getting work done and are happy with the quality of the output. I wouldn't say that the issues are any worse than problems I've experienced with FCP or Avid.

But, there is a ways to go before I would consider CS6 to be stable. Current issues include:

- Speed Grade basically stopped working. We aren't using it right now, so we haven't bothered fixing that.

- Encoder always crashes upon quitting and therefore doesn't save any preferences.

- Premiere Pro projects often "spoil." They will work fine one day, then the next they can only be saved with a "Save As". No data is lost, but what's that about?

- Using Dynamic Link will, over time, suck up all of the machine's RAM and eventually forces a reboot.

I'm hoping that these issues will be fixed in the next version.

I really like where CS6 is going. I am confident that we will be using it more and more.

Gerald Goldman
Director of Post Production
Grace Creek Media
http://www.gracecreek.com
http://www.sportskool.com

Return to posts index

Craig Shields
on Apr 22, 2013 at 8:27:04 pm

The second and third issues sound like they may be conflicts with something else installed. Have you come across anyone else with those exact same problems?

Return to posts index

TImothy Auld
on Apr 22, 2013 at 8:31:04 pm

No, I wish I had. I do have CS 5.5 installed on a perpetual license so maybe the conflict is there. I thought that I had researched this before I did the cloud membership, but you can always miss something. Thanks for the advice.

Tim

Return to posts index

Kevin Monahan
on Apr 23, 2013 at 5:09:59 pm

[TImothy Auld] " I do have CS 5.5 installed on a perpetual license so maybe the conflict is there. "

I have CS4, CS5, CS5.5, and CS6 Creative Cloud all installed on the same volume with no conflicts. Typically, your problem relates to downloading, installing, or activation issues. Again, I'd post about your problem here: http://forums.adobe.com/community/download_install_setup

That is, if you're still having trouble.

Kevin Monahan
Social Support Lead
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe Systems, Inc.
Follow Me on Twitter!

Return to posts index

TImothy Auld
on Apr 23, 2013 at 8:49:05 pm

I decided to go fishing this morning and when I returned all apps had begun working again just as mysteriously as they had stopped. For the record I do not consider posting in forums where a company rep may or may not respond can really be called a support option. A resource, perhaps. And as I indicated before I did try using the chat feature and my wait time was listed as 40 minutes and 5 seconds. I think it was the five seconds that sent me over the edge.

Tim

Return to posts index

Kevin Monahan
on Apr 23, 2013 at 9:33:53 pm

[TImothy Auld] "And as I indicated before I did try using the chat feature and my wait time was listed as 40 minutes and 5 seconds. I think it was the five seconds that sent me over the edge."

40 min. wait for a chat representative? That's way too long. Let me investigate as to why chat support takes so long. Since we are relying more and more on chat these days, I want to make sure the system is working.

Thanks for sharing your info. We definitely want to improve the support experience and it appears we need to address wait times.

Thanks again.

Kevin Monahan
Social Support Lead
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe Systems, Inc.
Follow Me on Twitter!

Return to posts index

TImothy Auld
on Apr 24, 2013 at 4:20:33 pm

Kevin,

Since I think you'd likely be interested I'd like to tell you about my experience with chat today. I can be reached at tauld@bigpinepictures.com if you're interested.

Tim

Return to posts index

Kevin Monahan
on Apr 24, 2013 at 4:46:21 pm

Thanks, Tim. I sent you an email.

Kevin Monahan
Social Support Lead
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe Systems, Inc.
Follow Me on Twitter!

Return to posts index

Chris Harlan
on Apr 24, 2013 at 12:45:00 am

[TImothy Auld] "I think it was the five seconds that sent me over the edge."

Patience, man. Patience.

Personally, my guess is you fixed it by going fishing. It's much easier on your equipment than kicking it.

Return to posts index

Gary Huff
on Apr 22, 2013 at 6:50:08 pm

[TImothy Auld] " Based on what I've been reading in other forums it does keep happening to people."

Hasn't happened to me...and you mentioned the Adobe Application Manager, so I'm not sure what your issue is. You don't launch the AAM to launch Premiere or AE...are you trying to install something?

Return to posts index

TImothy Auld
on Apr 22, 2013 at 6:57:18 pm

No. No matter what I try to open or how I try to open it its icon will appear in the dock for a moment and then it will disappear and be replaced by the Application Manager icon which will then hang and be ultimately unresponsive.

Tim

Return to posts index

Kevin Monahan
on Apr 22, 2013 at 10:15:15 pm

That's a strange problem. Let me have my colleagues in support take a look at this thread.

Kevin Monahan
Social Support Lead
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe Systems, Inc.
Follow Me on Twitter!

Return to posts index

Lance Moody
on Apr 23, 2013 at 5:33:47 am

Around the Xmas holiday, many folks who had paid for the FULL CS6 suite (not Creative Cloud) began to get dialogs insisting that they were on the Creative Cloud, that their software was about to expire and that they had to reenter their reg numbers.

After doing so things would work for a few days and then the dialog would appear again.

It took weeks for Adobe to finally issue a fix.

As soon as Adobe gets a large percentage of users on the Creative Cloud, I wonder where the incentive will be for them to innovate will lie?

Lance

Return to posts index

Andrew Kimery
on Apr 23, 2013 at 6:25:21 am

[Lance Moody] "As soon as Adobe gets a large percentage of users on the Creative Cloud, I wonder where the incentive will be for them to innovate will lie?"

If they don't innovate they'll lose customers. People that invested 10's, if not 100's of thousands of dollars in Avid hardware and software moved to FCP when they felt FCP was the better deal so I don't see why people paying $30-$50 a month for Creative Cloud would balk at jumping ship. Switching between Mac and Windows can be expensive too but people still do it.

Return to posts index

Gabe Strong
on Apr 23, 2013 at 3:55:24 pm

Well, that depends. If the post production software industry goes to 'the cloud', then I too am worried. Currently it's just Adobe, and they still offer traditional licensing so no worries. The problem is when an entire industry goes to the 'rent' or 'ongoing pay for service' paradigm. Look at your cell service provider or cable provider for an example of the level of and speed of upgrades, innovations and service you will get in the event the whole industry goes to the cloud.

Gabe Strong
G-Force Productions
http://www.gforcevideo.com

Return to posts index

Andrew Kimery
on Apr 23, 2013 at 5:58:18 pm

I understand the concern but I think things like local monopolies (for cable) and price tiers (for both) are the problem and not that you sign up for a service. Competition will breed innovation.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]