FORUMS: list search recent posts

My next Premiere Pro user group meeting

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg Andonian
My next Premiere Pro user group meeting
on Apr 18, 2013 at 1:14:29 am

I mentioned before I was going to an FCP user group. During one of those meetings I found out that there was also a User Group for Premiere Pro in my area, on a different day than FCP, so I started going to both of them. The next Premiere meeting is tomorrow night, and I'm really looking forward to this one- A LOT. All this talk about licensing and the Cloud has tempered my excitement a bit, but I'm still really jazzed about this.

After learning about the preview of the next version and seeing how amazing it was, I figured there should be some really good, exciting discussion about the new features. But what's actually going on is way better than that. This is the announcement I got about it:

For this month, we have a special treat. David McGavran from Adobe will be joining us again to give us a special preview of some of the new features in an upcoming version of Premiere Pro. Adobe has been previewing some of what they have planned for CS Next, and we will be some of the first outside the NAB show floor to get a live demo. There are too many great new features to list here, but you'll definitely want to be there for this one. It's not often we get someone from Adobe to come visit, so you know this should be good.

David McGavran... I've seen that name here before. Isn't he, like, the guy in charge of the whole Premiere team or something? To me this is really something. Not only will there be excitement and discussion of the new features, John Adobe himself is going to come down and show them to us. I am very impressed that David would take the time to come and do this for us, and feel very honored to have him there...

Return to posts index

Joseph W. Bourke
Re: My next Premiere Pro user group meeting
on Apr 18, 2013 at 1:40:05 pm

David is the Senior Engineering Manager. You're lucky to get some face to face time with him, and to get a demo outside of NAB...

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

Dennis Radeke
on Apr 18, 2013 at 1:58:42 pm

Joe is correct. Dave is the Senior Engineering Manager of Premiere Pro. Dave along with Al Mooney (product manager) form the rudder that steers the Premiere Pro ship.

Return to posts index

Greg Andonian
on Apr 18, 2013 at 5:59:22 pm

[Dennis Radeke] Dave along with Al Mooney (product manager) form the rudder that steers the Premiere Pro ship.

Ahh, ok- Now it makes sense. I've seen Al Mooney mentioned here, but wasn't sure what he did. I thought he might have been someone outside the Premiere team.

Return to posts index

Shawn Miller
on Apr 18, 2013 at 6:30:13 pm

Hey Greg,

Where and when is the PPro meetup?

Thanks,

Shawn

Return to posts index

Greg Andonian
on Apr 18, 2013 at 6:44:39 pm

[Shawn Miller] Where and when is the PPro meetup?

Tonight at 7:00, in San Diego.

Return to posts index

Shawn Miller
on Apr 18, 2013 at 10:01:22 pm

Dang, can't make it. I look forward to hearing your thoughts on the demos.

Thanks,

Shawn

Return to posts index

Greg Andonian
on Apr 18, 2013 at 10:35:12 pm

I'll be sure and post something when I get back.

Return to posts index

Kevin Monahan
on Apr 19, 2013 at 5:35:49 pm

Hope the meeting was a great success!

Kevin Monahan
Social Support Lead
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe Systems, Inc.
Follow Me on Twitter!

Return to posts index

Greg Andonian
on Apr 19, 2013 at 11:07:03 pm

[Kevin Monahan] Hope the meeting was a great success!

It was! David seems like a great guy, and I gotta say, he and his team did an INCREDIBLE job with the new Premiere. Incredible. This thing makes CS6 look like it came out 2 upgrade cycles ago. Watching short videos about each new feature individually doesn't do it justice- when you see someone actually using them in succession you really get a sense of just how much more efficient the workflow really is- and how much better the program as a whole has gotten. Premiere pro is in a whole new realm now.

Return to posts index

David McGavran
on Apr 19, 2013 at 9:37:45 pm

Hi Greg,

Hope you enjoyed the demo and discussion. I had a great time showing you guys what we have been up to.

Cheers

Dave

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
David McGavran, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Senior Engineering Manager Adobe Premiere Pro
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Greg Andonian
on Apr 19, 2013 at 11:29:32 pm

[David McGavran] Hope you enjoyed the demo and discussion. I had a great time showing you guys what we have been up to.

Hi David! Yes, I really enjoyed it a lot. Thanks for taking the time to come and show it to us. I can't wait to try out the new version!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]