COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Thomas Craven
audio loss when importing into FCPX
on Apr 3, 2013 at 2:13:09 am

HPX170 1080i/24p
FCPX 10.0.8
OSX Mountain Lion 10.8.3

The clips have perfectly fine audio when played back through the camera AND in the Import Media window in FCPX. As soon as the clips are imported, only 75% of the audio in each clip is there. I tried opening the clips in QuickTime and get the same exact audio loss.

I read somewhere to change my FCPX preferences--to check "separate mono and stereo group audio" and "remove silent channels"--I did that and re-imported. That didn't work.

I've shot with my HPX numerous times and have been editing with FCPX since its releaseā€¦and this is the first time I've encountered this problem.

Please help!

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: audio loss when importing into FCPX
on Apr 3, 2013 at 3:31:41 am

When you listen to each channel separately in the inspector, what do you get?

What is the source of the audio? Mics?

Are you panning them both to mono, or listening in stereo?

Return to posts index

Eric Thomas Craven
on Apr 3, 2013 at 3:43:20 am

Listening separately, the audio cuts off in the same spot.

The source of the audio is just the camera mics...mainly due to a shoestring budget and the fact that I'll be dubbing in a lot of the audio.

I've tried dual mono and stereo. Cuts off right were it does in Finder, Quicktime, etc.

The audio is definitely all there in camera playback and in the Import Media window...so something is going wrong in the import. I've combed through google for hours today and cannot figure this out. It's very confusing and frustrating.

Return to posts index

Eric Thomas Craven
on Apr 3, 2013 at 4:19:42 pm

So, after messing with this all night, I discovered that I was only encountering audio issues when I had "remove pulldown" checked.

Now, that fixes the issue I was having with the 24p footage...but I have another project shot in 24PA, and it's my understanding that you have to check "remove pulldown" in order to achieve true 1080p.

Again, the audio cuts out about 75% of the way through the clip, but in 24PA, it's also out of sync.

I'm pulling my hair out over this...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]