FORUMS: list search recent posts

Farewell FCP7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Connor
Farewell FCP7
on Mar 27, 2013 at 8:00:41 pm

Undeterred by the fact PPro has won the battle with FCPX which was so convincingly proved recently on the forum and also by the fact that it also seems that the database that I have been working with is also no good, I am steadfastly pushing forward with FCPX (assisted by gallons of Kool-aid).

To this end I have put my copy of FCS3 up for sale on eBay and will be bidding it farewell tomorrow.

Thanks old friend, you will be missed

Steve Connor

There's nothing we can't argue about on the FCPX COW Forum

Return to posts index

Gary Huff
Re: Farewell FCP7
on Mar 27, 2013 at 8:08:10 pm

[Steve Connor] " that it also seems that the database that I have been working with is also no good"

Well, I'm sure it has something to do with why you had to purchase a third-party utility in order to keep FCPX from bogging down with all of your Events.

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
on Mar 27, 2013 at 8:17:23 pm

[Gary Huff] "Well, I'm sure it has something to do with why you had to purchase a third-party utility in order to keep FCPX from bogging down with all of your Events."

Firstly I didn't have to buy one, I could have simply managed my projects manually so only a sensible amount of events are open. At least FCPX gives you the option to have unlimited events open if they had adopted the "one project at a time" that other software uses then it would be easier.

Steve Connor

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Mar 27, 2013 at 9:03:11 pm

Do you use 7toX?
What should happen if you need to massage a timeline in FCP7 first?

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
on Mar 27, 2013 at 9:10:16 pm

[Craig Seeman] "Do you use 7toX?"

I have done for the projects I've had to convert

[Craig Seeman] "What should happen if you need to massage a timeline in FCP7 first?"

Haven't had to do that in all the time I've been working with FCPX

Steve Connor

Return to posts index

Aindreas Gallagher
on Mar 27, 2013 at 9:22:49 pm

good god - we're pushing too hard. ease off everyone - they're getting dangerously dramatic. :)

http://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos http://www.ogallchoir.net promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics

Return to posts index

tony west
on Mar 27, 2013 at 9:37:05 pm

I got on X early, and as a result I remember people on here talking about Events crashing.

I had not had that problem but it made me a little nervous so I started some habits to cover myself.

I'm working on a doc and instead of having an event for the doc itself, I started using the EB more like bins in old FC

so, each person in my doc has their own Event. I figured if one event crashed it wouldn't bring down my whole doc and I would just reload that one person.

In their Event I have their sit down, their b-roll and their family pics and any articlse about them.

Then I tag that stuff from there. So I guess I'm using it like old school/new school.

The reason I bring up this workflow is because this has caused me to have almost 30 events with as many as 100 elements in each open at a time while I cut the doc. I could close some of those out but it hasn't been a problem with them open yet and I kind of like seeing them all just a click away.

I'm only running an 8 core mac pro so it would seem like I would be a prefect candidate for the database to make may edit get sluggish.

It hasn't yet.

I thought the article below was interesting, but I gotta see something break before I start fixing.

If stuff starts to mess up I will be on here complaining about it.

If it doesn't, I guess I will say that to.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]