FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: Is it my Mac?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Oliver Peters
Re: Is it my Mac?
on Mar 20, 2013 at 10:50:02 pm

[Lance Bachelder] "I have a LOT of paid 3rd party plugs in FCPX - regardless of the architecture and Motion blah blah - they all playback very smoothly compared to Magic Bullet stuff which chokes - even in Premiere etc. The only other really slow plug-in I've tried in FCPX is Film Convert, which is even worse than MB stuff. "

Sorry, but there is no blah, blah, blah. It's physics and engineering. EVERY plug-in that uses an external pipeline to an outside engine has the same problem. I'm also talking about playback, not rendering. Nearly all 3rd party plug-ins for FCP X are Motion templates. That is a completely different architecture and it affects performance. For example, most of the FxFactory plug-ins use this structure. Just having a lot of 3rd party plug-ins doesn't mean you have the ones that cause issues. CoreMelt's various plug-ins also have issues, thanks to bug in the app. For example, do you have Tiffen, Sapphire Edge or any of the DFT filters? These are glacial as well. FWIW - MB Looks on Premiere Pro on my machine plays reasonably well in real-time at 1/2-res.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]