FORUMS: list search recent posts

ProCutX opinions

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dennis Radeke
ProCutX opinions
on Feb 15, 2013 at 11:15:41 pm

Is anyone using it? Like really using it - not connect it, fiddle with it and move on. If so, what are your opinions?

Return to posts index

Gary Huff
Re: ProCutX opinions
on Feb 16, 2013 at 12:07:05 am

[Dennis Radeke] "Is anyone using it? Like really using it - not connect it, fiddle with it and move on. If so, what are your opinions?"

Keep in mind that the developer is Pixel Film Studios, of alleged "rip off other plugins" infamy.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Feb 16, 2013 at 4:58:25 pm

They're now saying it was a rogue employee who has since resigned.

As to the iPad software, personally if I to look at it to use since it's not tactile, I can't see it helping me.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Feb 16, 2013 at 9:05:58 pm

I thought that was just a joke Charlie was making? Where else is that written?

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Feb 16, 2013 at 10:57:45 pm

[Bret Williams] "I thought that was just a joke Charlie was making? Where else is that written?"

See this with update at bottom
http://www.motionvfx.com/mblog/how_to_make_money_on_violating_copyrights,p2...

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Feb 17, 2013 at 8:09:49 pm

Yeah, says he doesn't buy it either. Is there not an apology front and center on the website? I notice ProDust is still absent from the site. Seems like there were some other plugins in question from motionvfx and some other vendors (anonymous) that had the same issue if all holds true. Could be a rogue employee, but all the more reason for a HUGE apology on the main page. The whole thing is almost as bizarre as the launch of FCP X.

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
on Feb 16, 2013 at 7:59:08 pm

[Dennis Radeke] "Is anyone using it? Like really using it - not connect it, fiddle with it and move on. If so, what are your opinions?"

I'm not using it because I don't use FCPX but I wouldn't mind a similar app thingy for Premiere and/or After Effects ;)

Return to posts index

David Eaks
on Mar 12, 2013 at 10:55:03 pm

Hi Dennis,

I picked up ProCutX yesterday, obviously I'm still in the "only fiddled with it" category.

I find that most of the functions are pretty much useless (I knew this before buying, banking on the updates being good). Many of the buttons simply are not as convenient as the keyboard & mouse methods we all use now. I see no sense in an app like this attempting to replace standard functions like play/forward/reverse. No thanks, spacebar and JKL are much better.

What I do like about the concept of the App, is having shortcuts that are a combination of two things

1) getting to a window or performing a function that would otherwise take multiple mouse clicks

2) getting to a window or performing a function that does not have a keyboard shortcut, or requires a little too much "finger twister" as well as a glance away from the screen to press

For example, opening the exposure tab of the colorboard. The built in FCPX shortcut (command-control-E) requires you to already be IN the colorboard with a different tab selected. Well that isn't much help. With ProCutX, in the time between selecting a clip and moving my mouse up to the inspector, I can get the exposure tab open regardless of what was in the inspector before. Nice. Yeah, I have to look at the iPad to find that stupid tiny little button but...

I really think a fully customizable app could actually be beneficial, instead of the awkward half-useable current version of ProCutX, if you could make your own window and button layout to be a "perfect" fit on a per-user basis. I'd make some big fat buttons along the bottom with multiple layout presets to switch between (preferably they would change along with FCPXs, non-existent, window layouts). Combined with a keyboard mounted dock so that the iPad always sits in the same spot relative to the Keyboard (I like it in landscape, standing up right behind F1, F2 etc.). Some commonly accessed functions could actually be used without looking down at the iPad and other useful stuff only needs a glance.

I notice that ProcutX was made by lightworks Solutions for Pixelfilm Studios. Not sure what that means, just an observation.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]