FORUMS: list search recent posts

1st FCPX Project - Video Went Viral - Feedback Please

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Wannamake Amovie
1st FCPX Project - Video Went Viral - Feedback Please
on Feb 15, 2013 at 2:38:44 pm

I finished my first Final Cut Pro X project last weekend, I am not completely pleased with it, but I was at my limits regarding ideas etc.

The video went viral in Germany, they even posted it on the news portal of a German Music Channel, and it was mentioned and shortly previewed on TV during a TV show speaking about the victim the video is about.

The entire video was shot at my apartment; kitchen, living room, bedroom, green screen... with some the cheapest lighting i could find.

I noticed some mistakes I made when shooting, but I would really appreciate all of your so much more experienced feedback, so I can keep all that in mind when doing my next project.

Your Feedback is very welcomed and will be appreciated!

Return to posts index

Craig Shields
Re: 1st FCPX Project - Video Went Viral - Feedback Please
on Feb 15, 2013 at 6:58:46 pm

Wow, that did go viral. Congrats! What kind of camera did you shoot it with? Did you use the color corrector in FCPX?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Feb 15, 2013 at 7:00:24 pm

One million hits in under a week! Nice.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Wannamake Amovie
on Feb 16, 2013 at 12:06:37 am

i shot the entire footage with my canon 7d, and yes i don't own any special effects or filter, i think i overused color correction though for this video. especially in the green screen scenes, i used 3-4 color correction layers giving it that almost anime level color (can i call those layers / sorry i'm still new to the software, the entire process was basically learning by doing). fcpx's color correction is truly amazing!

Return to posts index

Dave Jenkins
on Feb 16, 2013 at 10:03:05 pm

I bought it, tried it, but without the tactile touch it's really hard to use. Haven't used more than twice.

Dajen Productions, Santa Barbara, CA
MacPro 3.2GHz Quad Core - AJA Kona LHe+
FCS 3 OS X 10.7.4
FCP X, Adobe CS6, Logic Pro, Squeeze, Filemaker 10.8.2

Return to posts index

Dave Jenkins
on Feb 17, 2013 at 5:12:00 am

Ignore post above. Posted in the wrong place.

Dajen Productions, Santa Barbara, CA
MacPro 3.2GHz Quad Core - AJA Kona LHe+
FCS 3 OS X 10.7.4
FCP X, Adobe CS6, Logic Pro, Squeeze, Filemaker 10.8.2

Return to posts index

Al Bergstein
on Feb 17, 2013 at 5:43:54 pm

Excellent! Don't worry about your flaws on this, just accept it as a hit because you got the storytelling right, your work was timely, and it hit your audience where it counts, making them want to share.

It looks ok to me without knowing your original ideas. All tools are just that, tools, none of us really know or care what brush a painter used to paint a masterpiece, and plenty of musicians have made hits on low end guitars. FCPX is capable of doing a lot of things, as is it's competitors.

Now for the second act and the attempt to best this!

By the way, you might want to subtitle it for use overseas. You might get a wider US audience by at least helping us poor souls who don't speak German!

Al

Return to posts index

Wannamake Amovie
on Feb 22, 2013 at 1:54:26 am

thanks for the feedback, i do want to know about my flaws though because this is my first fcpx project, it would be very helpful to know what i could improve on.

english subtitles for a german song, great idea, but a little trouble some, i think some phrases would sound really idiotic translated directly but i'll give it a shot, haven't tried the caption function yet on youtube, but i'll see if i can use that to add subs.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]