FORUMS: list search recent posts

My First Project in FCPX: "Developin" Music Video

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gary Huff
My First Project in FCPX: "Developin" Music Video
on Feb 15, 2013 at 2:26:01 am

Developin'

I decided this would be my first project in FCPX just to see it in action with something legitimate, as opposed to just fooling around inside the program. This is the project in which I discovered the third party-plugin bug. Had to remove all of them to keep it from inserting green frames into the footage.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: My First Project in FCPX: "Developin" Music Video
on Feb 15, 2013 at 2:58:21 am

I've heard that if you send to Compressor the export would be clean (no bad frames). At least that's what RedGiant is reporting for those having the issue with Looks and Mojo.

Seems like some would see the song as a symbolic expression of their relationship with FCP legacy.

Interesting you're testing the waters with a music video since that's been one of the "hot" areas of discussion in some circles. Are you using the music in the Primary?

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Feb 15, 2013 at 10:31:03 am

I think this is a job for FCPX; when the editing has been done before to reach the NLE.
rafael

Return to posts index

Gary Huff
on Feb 15, 2013 at 1:18:00 pm

[Rafael Amador] "I think this is a job for FCPX; when the editing has been done before to reach the NLE."

Yep. It was a project that I could hedge my bets on. If FCPX blew up in my face, I could see myself starting from scratch in Premiere.

Thankfully, it didn't come to that.

Return to posts index

Gary Huff
on Feb 15, 2013 at 1:19:58 pm

[Craig Seeman] "Are you using the music in the Primary?"

I think so? The music was the first thing I placed in the timeline, given the advice from Michael Garber. Edit's been done for a while, so I can't remember exactly (and my brain is addled by the Premiere/AE motion-graphic heavy kickstarter campaign video I just completed).

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Feb 15, 2013 at 3:40:08 pm

[Gary Huff] "The music was the first thing I placed in the timeline"

Another approach some use is the black slug (gap) clip in the primary and the music below that as a connected clip. Then they edit video into the primary.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]