FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCPX has gone MISSING!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gary Huff
FCPX has gone MISSING!
on Feb 8, 2013 at 3:31:42 am

I have a client who wanted me to take his new Retina MacBook Pro and install FCPX + Motion on it using his App Store credentials. He had it previously installed on his iMac. So I log into the App Store, go to Purchases, and I see Motion, but no FCPX. I decide to see if it shows it this way on his iMac, so I log into the App Store there and, yet again, only Motion is showing under Purchases.

Now, where it gets crazy is that FCPX is not installed on the iMac anymore. It's gone. I knew it was on there, I had seen it's icon in the Applications folder and the App Store had prompted to update it when 10.0.7 came out.

Anyone have any clue? My only thought would be that Apple somehow refunded or deleted his purchase and that made the App Store remove it from his system. He has had FCPX for a while now, and it's been used on some projects, and he hasn't at all asked for any refund.

Frankly, if there was a mishap and Apple inadvertently removed FCPX from his account and then wiped it off his machine...well, that's really bad.

Return to posts index

Keith Koby
Re: FCPX has gone MISSING!
on Feb 8, 2013 at 4:23:19 pm

Not sure why it would be off his machine after it was installed except if it were deleted. If you don't have proper credentials for the app, like you were refunded or something, then he wouldn't be able to update, but I don't think it would uninstall.

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Feb 8, 2013 at 6:52:31 pm

One possible reason is that some people (myself included) have more than one App store accounts - and so my purchases are spread over more than one ID.

Biggest hassle for me is that it originally happened when I opened an account for my son for his music purchases, and didn't realize that the computer I was using to buy an App was in his partition when I ordered the purchase.

So you might check to see if anyone with access to that machine has an alternate Apple ID.

Good luck.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Return to posts index

Richard Cardonna
on Feb 8, 2013 at 8:35:59 pm

Hmm maybe Aindreas started to sequester them.

R Cardonna

Return to posts index

Tobias Heilmann
on Feb 8, 2013 at 9:07:01 pm

[Keith Koby] "Log in the app store and "view my account" to see if the purchase was hidden.
"

I have had that happen too, the hidden-thing, took me a while to figure that out... but of course the app did not vanish of my machine...

In Touch Media Entertainment
Munich, Germany

Return to posts index

Fabrizio D'Agnano
on Feb 8, 2013 at 9:52:36 pm

I had a similar problem some time ago. I think I did not uninstall properly a previous trial version, or possibly a regular version, so the app was showing as greyed out in the apple store and it could not be downloaded again even if it were not among the apps. I downloaded and used the Digital Rebellion uninstaller, checked FCPX only, and I did not solve the problem. So after some more try I uninstalled again checking the "shared files" as well. After that FCPX showed as downloadable from the App Store again, and I could have it up and running.

Fabrizio D'Agnano
Rome, Italy

Return to posts index

Gary Huff
on Feb 9, 2013 at 5:40:29 pm

Thanks for all the replies. I will be checking on this issue come Monday and will post what I encounter.

Return to posts index

Gary Huff
on Feb 13, 2013 at 1:19:43 pm

So yeah, it was simply a hidden purchase. On top of that, FCPX was now mysteriously back on the iMac.

I guess I'm just losing my mind.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]